Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

31 minutes ago, AJG said:

The reality where Simpsons actors are dying and the show keeps going is getting weirdly closer. I remember when they to quickly write off Mrs Krabapple.

Pretty sure Harry Shearer has threatened to quit the show a couple times too.

16 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Classic Simpsons is the best comedy ever created. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5478901

wow, i wonder how a therapist is supposed to deal with something like this when approached?

hunting trips, being dirt cheap poor, told no for everything, and not in the room by yourself?  conversation relationship construction

23 hours ago, CJohn said:

@MCKillswitch123 have you finished the 2nd biggest TV event in Portuguese lands this year? Money Heist is absolutely killing it. It is bigger than Stranger Things in Portugal. One of the main actresses was in O Programa da Cristina!!!

poster-da-parte-3-de-la-casa-de-papel-da

Will be completely honest: I haven't even started it yet :rofl:  Takes me years to get me to widely acclaimed TV shows, usually because I don't like to wait years for them to end.

This Armie Hammer toe thing was the first thing I saw on my phone after seeing Crawl (an above average Florida-set thriller that didn't quite deserve to be more or less dumped by its studio) yesterday. :rofl:What I want to know is how his toe was able to fit in his son's mouth cause dude is literally a giant.

27 minutes ago, TMP said:

Anyone else see The Boys on Amazon?

Surprised by the amount of parody/deconstruction excised out of the books. Surprised how much more straight-laced the show's approach is to the material. Rogen & Goldberg were definitely not as involved for this one.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Also looks like IPic is potentially facing Chapter 11, which would be too bad since they are one of the few chains that will actually play Netflix movies.

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/ipic-entertainment-bankruptcy-debt-1203281718/?fbclid=IwAR2s1itXQGztLxtawH3dJClhlmmeZ63JcZ6Uf3nDNYihIqGG09TVW5dAReE

fuck!

@tribefan695

===

Was it a great look?  I dunno, I suppose not.  Were people making waaaaaay too much of it?  Absolutely.

Not really a Bauer fan, but if chucking a baseball to the moon in frustration is what makes a GM decrease their asking price for him, that's a pretty poor GM.  Or rather I can see trying to use it as an execuse but when Cleveland says this:

I mean, there's not much else to say and the GM should go back to a reasonable offer.  He chucked a ball in frustration.  Whoop de do.

Besides, I was under the impression baseball wanted more colorful personalities in the game. YiBe40t.png

Edited by Porthos

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

@tribefan695

===

Was it a great look?  I dunno, I suppose not.  Were people making waaaaaay too much of it?  Absolutely.

Not really a Bauer fan, but if chucking a baseball to the moon in frustration is what makes a GM decrease their asking price for him, that's a pretty poor GM.  Or rather I can see trying to use it as an execuse but when Cleveland says this:

I mean, there's not much else to say and the GM should go back to a reasonable offer.  He chucked a ball in frustration.  Whoop de do.

Besides, I was under the impression baseball wanted more colorful personalities in the game. YiBe40t.png

21 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I actually like Puig. :ph34r:

(Machado is a tiny bit more of an 'injure others "Unintentionally"' type, so I have less of a threshold with him but most of the things he does doesn't bother me either)

As for the implied racism angle, I agree to a degree.  But plenty of people unload on Madison Bumgarner as well, and I think it's pretty undeserved there as well.

Mostly I think folks should shut their yaps on ALL of these players unless they are actively hurting someone else.  In fact, I think they should be more encouraged than discouraged.

Edited by Porthos