Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

28 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos Jesus Mary and Joseph how was it that no other team could give the Jays more.

Fear of losing prospects has infested a lot of front offices.

Also could be the Mets made an offer and said "take or leave it" and the Jays didn't want to be caught in what might be an emerging buyers market on Wed.

(Don't think the Giants could have matched the Mets package, for instance, as while they have comparable arms at the A level, they don't have a Top 150/Top 125 SP at the AA/AAA level which would be the comp for Kay)

I don't actually watch baseball games anymore (Braves new stadium isn't where I can't reach it, and I don't have a TV to myself), but I am happy they are comfortably in the lead in their division.

Edited by cannastop

9 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Fear of losing prospects has infested a lot of front offices.

Also could be the Mets made an offer and said "take or leave it" and the Jays didn't want to be caught in what might be an emerging buyers market on Wed.

(Don't think the Giants could have matched the Mets package, for instance, as while they have comparable arms at the A level, they don't have a Top 150/Top 125 SP at the AA/AAA level which would be the comp for Kay)

Aside from a couple guys* I would be cool with the Phillies trading pretty much everyone

* Bohm (need a third baseman to replace Franco next year if we don't sign Rendon or Moose. I don't think Bohm will be ready April next year, but by early summer probably); Spencer Howard (the stuff can be ultra nasty); Bryson Stott (we literally just drafted him, want to see more of what he has before either considering him tradeable or untouchable either way).

10 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I used to watch that video a disturbingly large number of times when it was in heavy rotation on MTV and VH1. :ph34r:

I wanna make a joke, but I don't want to bring Telegram business onto the forum. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I finished the Boys.  I’m kind of mixed on it.  I never read the source material Garth Ennis doesn’t do much for me.  I did like the team of the Boys.  And the villain is pretty nasty.  But there were times were it got a bit too dark

9 minutes ago, DAR said:

I finished the Boys.  I’m kind of mixed on it.  I never read the source material Garth Ennis doesn’t do much for me.  I did like the team of the Boys.  And the villain is pretty nasty.  But there were times were it got a bit too dark

Finished 2 episodes, liking it so far. When the content advisory for the second episode came up, my wife said "At least no rape in this episode"

Finished The Boys. 

Having watched all of Banshee I was quite impressed by Antony Starr’s turn in this. 

There was one moment where Karl Urban almost when full Michael Caine with his accent.  

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Finished The Boys. 

Having watched all of Banshee I was quite impressed by Antony Starr’s turn in this. 

There was one moment where Karl Urban almost when full Michael Caine

Banshee was a lot of fun. Glad Starr found some work

• Like 1

Is it just a coincidence that the Jim gang is dead silent now? I haven't seen the Avatar 2 thread on the first page in awhile now. @IronJimbo seems to have gone AWOL. It's like the gang revolved around JCS and his alts. Now there literally is no Jim gang.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Is it just a coincidence that the Jim gang is dead silent now? I haven't seen the Avatar 2 thread on the first page in awhile now. @IronJimbo seems to have gone AWOL. It's like the gang revolved around JCS and his alts. Now there literally is no Jim gang.

Well hey IronJimbo hasn't been gone that long. And I guess banning two people does a lot.

Also the Avatar 2 thread is in On the Lot, so look for it there.

Edited by cannastop

3 hours ago, cannastop said:

I don't actually watch baseball games anymore (Braves new stadium isn't where I can't reach it, and I don't have a TV to myself), but I am happy they are comfortably in the lead in their division.

The Braves have looked really good the last couple years. Their window is open and I could see them winning a World Series in the next several years if they play their cards right.