Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

:hahaha:

I swear I don't understand why Brian Cox's character trusts him. Such a ridiculous thing.

Unfortunately he hasn't been embarassed by anyone yet from the episodes I have seen.

Yeah I only just watched Episode 3 so I am ways behind you.

I feel bad for Kendall though, he is trying so hard to be tough and hip and it is painful to watch. Tom is an even bigger doofus though.

• Like 1

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Yeah I only just watched Episode 3 so I am ways behind you.

I feel bad for Kendall though, he is trying so hard to be tough and hip and it is painful to watch. Tom is an even bigger doofus though.

The show has zero likable characters. I still think despite everything Kendall is the one more prepared to lead. Tom is a gigantic IDIOT.

Cousin Greg tho, he will end up leading the entire company by the end of this, mark my words :hahaha:

• Haha 1

Hasbro acquires Entertainment One:

https://deadline.com/2019/08/hasbro-acquires-entertainment-one-studio-1202702051/

I had a feeling eOne would eventually be acquired but Hasbro is a real turn up for the books. I wonder if they're planning to end their deal with Paramount and perhaps release things inhouse? The only stickler is that eOne doesn't US distribution. 

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

The show has zero likable characters. I still think despite everything Kendall is the one more prepared to lead. Tom is a gigantic IDIOT.

Cousin Greg tho, he will end up leading the entire company by the end of this, mark my words :hahaha:

Tom’s my favourite. His whole thing is how happy he is that Greg’s around because there’s finally someone lower in the family than him he can be an asshole to.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

Connor might be the dumbest of them all.

Must say with all the Marvel/Spider-Man drama going on the past few days, the #BoycottSony stuff has left me laughing the most. Not only are these "boycotts" completely ineffective as proven time and time again but the people calling for such wouldn't be caught dead watching things like Little Women or A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood or even the Charlie's Angels reboot in the first place. There's an echo in the chamber.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

How is this remotely a surprise?  People want content.  People want content from a different providers.  Of course content providers are gonna bundle.  And they should.  Otherwise low traffic channels like, oh let's say Animal Planet, go bye-bye.

Bundling was always coming to streaming.  The difference here is, folks get to choose their packages a bit more freely than they used to in the multichannel era.

The unexpected thing, perhaps, is that there is basically a couple new premium cable nets in the neighborhood, Netflix and Amazon (with a half-premium network when it comes to Hulu).  That more than anything is what's gonna drive up the price.

As a side point, I'll say this once again. For as long as there was cable, people pissed and moaned that they only wanted certain channels.  Well, now you're getting that.  Or at least it's more grouped than it was before.  The main difference between now and then is not only is there HBO, Showtime, Skinemax Cinemax and Starz, now two other outfits have joined the fun.  With a few more hopefuls looking on the outside looking in (CBS, Apple, etc).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

How is this remotely a surprise?  People want content.  People want content from a different providers.  Of course content providers are gonna bundle.  And they should.  Otherwise low traffic channels like, oh let's say Animal Planet, go bye-bye.

Bundling was always coming to streaming.  The difference here is, folks get to choose their packages a bit more freely than they used to in the multichannel era.

The unexpected thing, perhaps, is that there is basically a couple new premium cable nets in the neighborhood, Netflix and Amazon (with a half-premium network when it comes to Hulu).  That more than anything is what's gonna drive up the price.

As a side point, I'll say this once again. For as long as there was cable, people pissed and moaned that they only wanted certain channels.  Well, now you're getting that.  Or at least it's more grouped than it was before.  The main difference between now and then is not only is there HBO, Showtime, Skinemax Cinemax and Starz, now two other outfits have joined the fun.  With a few more hopefuls looking on the outside looking in (CBS, Apple, etc).

For now there’s also the option of cycling between various streaming providers plus they’re also much easier to share. Although watch out. 

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2019/08/disney-fights-streaming-account-sharing-with-help-from-cable-industry/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

Must say with all the Marvel/Spider-Man drama going on the past few days, the #BoycottSony stuff has left me laughing the most. Not only are these "boycotts" completely ineffective as proven time and time again but the people calling for such wouldn't be caught dead watching things like Little Women or A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood or even the Charlie's Angels reboot in the first place. There's an echo in the chamber.

Isnt like Chick a Fil doing better then ever before? 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

totally agree.  It's funny on one hand since, like you said, these "boycotts" never lead to anything.  But they do get annoying in the threads of certain films once they are announced because people start the arguments that don't exist just to talk about it.  Not sure if they just want excuses in case the movie doesn't do well, but yeah I don't care if some idiot wants to "boycott" a women's movie, or a Mr. Rogers movie, etc, etc.  Unless someone actually is doing that here, there is zero reason to even bring it up except to cause phantom arguments which does happen a lot.  

Maybe people just like to argue...or just like phantoms since it's near Halloween :P