Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I just found out that UK law specifically allows parents to let their 5 year olds get wasted on booze. Wild.

Bit surprised they did put a limit (kids drinking wine is quite common in Europe), in Canada there is none and I would imagine that to be the case in almost all countries ?

Edited by Barnack

14 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Bit surprised they did put a limit (kids drinking wine is quite common in Europe), in Canada there is none and I would imagine that to be the case in almost all countries ?

Well I think very few people actually care if parents let their kids drink in the USA in private, but I don't think anyone would carve out a law that would permit parents to let near-toddlers get drunk.

But the UK has a certain drinking culture that the USA might not have.

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I just found out that UK law specifically allows parents to let their 5 year olds get wasted on booze. Wild.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/food-drink-news/age-you-can-legally-drink-15301197

While technically the law says they can drink at 5 I assume there are other laws to handle the case of '5 year olds getting wasted'

Many states in the USA allow drinking at home under the age of 21

30 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

While technically the law says they can drink at 5 I assume there are other laws to handle the case of '5 year olds getting wasted'

Many states in the USA allow drinking at home under the age of 21

Yeah I know no parent would probably let their kid get "wasted" but the law does specify 5 year olds can drink, which seems wild to my standards.

Though my grandfather did let me have a sip of beer when I was 7 just so he could be amused at how yucky I thought it tasted so what do I know.

Edited by cannastop

imagine having a bigger brother that secretly distills sugar from your soda or hides cameras in your ceiling for emergency records

or handicaps your conversations by telling people who they think you are

meet with your teachers for studies

distills the potency or marijuana or anything else that can keep you up at night that embraces your fantasy world

doesn't like witnessing bad behavior around the family or bad body language (the mental triggering)

Edited by 2010s Painkiller Race

6 hours ago, Barnack said:

Here in Germany the limit is 14 years old, but with differences per age and ~ alcohol 'type' group

Means under 14 years old forbidden in all cases, that includes parents giving their children alcohol.

14 and 15 years old are allowed beer, sparkling wine, and wine, if the parents are allowing it and the parents are with them. That includes to get a glass at a restaurant.

16y+ they are allowed the same group of alcohol without their parents have to be with them.

All that is 'harder' than those (spirituous beverages?), including mixed drinks, are forbidden - even with parents with them - for all under the age of 18.

Parents have to be aware about teens can get unconscious at a far deeper alcohol content than adults are in danger to = its about to allow as a parent on in moderation only too.

18 means here adult, there is no split for certain things only allowed later (ignoring minimum ages to get voted into certain e.g. political positions)

@CJohn Well, TVI is gaining some sense back into their heads. This Saturday's original programming of Dancing With The Stars occupying nearly all noon + Stripped at 11PM was cancelled and instead replaced with Raid The Cage at 3PM (aka, right now) and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, a movie they actually managed to steal from SIC, believe it or not. This will still be a flopped noon, but bloody Hell, it will likely not go under 10% share, this time around. Meanwhile, Amar Depois de Amar and Prisioneira will go at night, which isn't so great (they must be trying to kill off Amar Depois de Amar for good now), but still better than before. Like Me is also finally coming to an end tonight. And next Saturday will feature the soaps, the 37 repeat and a Juntos em Festa special. Also, they announced MasterChef will be a Saturday and Sunday show. All in all, not so bad ideas.

However, they also announced that they are going to shoot new Raid episodes with Rita Pereira for 7PM. :hahaha:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

36 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Well, TVI is gaining some sense back into their heads. This Saturday's original programming of Dancing With The Stars occupying nearly all noon + Stripped at 11PM was cancelled and instead replaced with Raid The Cage at 3PM (aka, right now) and Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, a movie they actually managed to steal from SIC, believe it or not. This will still be a flopped noon, but bloody Hell, it will likely not go under 10% share, this time around. Meanwhile, Amar Depois de Amar and Prisioneira will go at night, which isn't so great (they must be trying to kill off Amar Depois de Amar for good now), but still better than before. Like Me is also finally coming to an end tonight. And next Saturday will feature the soaps, the 37 repeat and a Juntos em Festa special. Also, they announced MasterChef will be a Saturday and Sunday show. All in all, not so bad ideas.

However, they also announced that they are going to shoot new Raid episodes with Rita Pereira for 7PM. :hahaha:

This is the best they have. Incredible. What a shit show TVI is right now.

At least they finally pulled the Dancing repeats.

• Like 1

Has anyone else been watching MLB's Players Weekend? The all-black/all-white uniforms this year are awful. I have to squint to see what the nicknames even are on the all-white jerseys. (The Skaggs patch on every jersey is a nice touch, though.)

Like, say what you will about the inherently gimmicky nature of the promotion, but at least the uniforms from the last two years were colorful.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

Yesterday was a day filled with pain meds and anticipating new Disney movies on the D23 thread.  A three pain medicine day.  We have decided not to let the pain get out of control again.  I have to say I never expected the foot to be in so much pain after the surgery.  

Going to dinner and a concert tonight, so realize it will be more pain medicine/memory stealers tonight.