Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, DAR said:

lol not from Philly but that reminds me of when a friend and I saw Crawl earlier this year and he was like "that's so Florida" when the police officer gets attacked by a gator outside before a whole bunch of other gators join in and rip him apart like a ragdoll.

My screening of Jumanji tonight had trailers for Jexi and Playing with Fire. (Yes, seriously.) I've experienced past cases of seeing a trailer for one previously released movie in front of a brand new movie (I still remember getting a trailer for the surveillance thriller bomb Closed Circuit - four months after its release - ahead of The Secret Life of Walter Mitty for some reason), but two? It didn't help that the other trailers were for Like a Boss (I like the cast, but I see why it's getting a January release) and the long-shelved My Spy. Yeesh!

I'm also plowing through a full rewind of the entire live action, theatrically-released Star Wars saga prior to The Rise of Skywalker on Thursday. I'm going in release order (did chronological order ahead of The Force Awakens four years ago) and I've just reached Phantom Menace. I know the internet loathes this movie, but it's the one movie that tells me more than any other that childhood nostalgia is a helluva drug because I still enjoy the hell out of it despite knowing that it's a deeply flawed movie.

Edited by Webslinger
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Me and my father deciding when to see TROS.

Going Christmas Eve to the theater in the alleyway where the mall was.

Guess I'll see CATS this Saturday LOL

Close to finalizing my movie plans for the holidays as well. Gonna be seeing:

Star Wars

Cats

Bombshell

Little Women

Spies in Disguise

Uncut Gems

Between this upcoming weekend and New Year's. Gotta love the extra time off!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JB33 said:

Woah! @baumer @DAJK @Barnack @Lordmandeep and all our other resident Canadians: your thoughts on this? For most of my life I've grown to trust Cineplex as a brand so I really hope that not much changes. I don't like change.

Cineplex has close to a 80% market share in Canada.

So in other words they pretty much bought the entire  Canadian Market

10 hours ago, JB33 said:

Woah! @baumer @DAJK @Barnack @Lordmandeep and all our other resident Canadians: your thoughts on this? For most of my life I've grown to trust Cineplex as a brand so I really hope that not much changes. I don't like change.

My cineplex experience is one that is extremelly easy to make better and hard to imagine what could get worst.

11 hours ago, AndyK said:

I don’t like the idea of foreign companies having a monopoly on the Canadian market (a Belgium company Kineopolis owns Landmark too) but hopefully it doesn’t make the audience viewing experience worse

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

My cineplex experience is one that is extremelly easy to make better and hard to imagine what could get worst.

True. They need to change their popcorn recipe.

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

I don’t like the idea of foreign companies having a monopoly on the Canadian market (a Belgium company Kineopolis owns Landmark too) but hopefully it doesn’t make the audience viewing experience worse

True. They need to change their popcorn recipe.

It's not foreign to me.

• Haha 1

Quick Update on the Top 50 Musicals.  It will probably not be up this Weekend.  I'm looking at starting around the first of the year.  I just lost a substantial amount of work tonight, so I need to both retool and, uh, go scream into the void.  

• Sad 2