Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

20 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i would check out the morning show but unfortunately apple tv+ doesn't exist.

It's not good. Crudup is great, everything else about it is bad. The only thing worth watching on Apple+ is Ted Lasso, now that is a great show. Pretty much the perfect show for this current time.

Apple TV+ is bad. It has like 6 items on it to watch.

Way too many streaming services. If you want to have complete access to all TV shows now, I'm pretty sure you'll be spending more on subscriptions than on cable.

Edited by Avatree

I didn't get to watch the telecast live last night but I woke up to the news of the winners. I gotta say, between Parasite's performance at the Oscars and SuccessionSchitt's Creek, and Watchmen's dominance over their respective categories at the Emmys, awards season was one thing 2020 got mostly right.

Particularly delighted for Jeremy Strong, Julia Garner (again), Zendaya, and Annie Murphy (the MVP of Schitt's Creek imo). It's quite fitting that Dan and Eugene Levy presented the cast of Parasite with their SAG Ensemble win back in January which proved to be a major turning point in the Oscar race, only for their show to sweep the Emmys 8 months later.

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

RIP Quibi 1.0

You could make an amazing documentary about the rise and fall of Jeffrey Katzenberg. From overseeing the Disney Renaissance and creating the first truly competitive feature animation rival to Disney, all the way to developing the biggest failure in the history of the streaming wars. All the while, being a petty doofus through his whole career

3 minutes ago, Eric #RIPChadwick said:

You could make an amazing documentary about the rise and fall of Jeffrey Katzenberg. From overseeing the Disney Renaissance and creating the first truly competitive feature animation rival to Disney, all the way to developing the biggest failure in the history of the streaming wars. All the while, being a petty doofus through his whole career

Ironic that Katzenburg and Eisner ,who became enemies after Eisner forced Katzenburg out of Disney, careers have followed similar trajectories for different reasons.

Katzenburg was a great head of production, but not a very good studio boss.

Edited by dudalb

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Ironic that Katzenburg and Eisner ,who became enemies after Eisner forced Katzenburg out of Disney, careers have followed similar trajectories.

Tbf, Eisner is the one who gave us Bojack Horseman (no really). Where’s Katzenberg’s Bojack Horseman? Hell, where’s his Big Mouth?

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Quibi not making it is one the very few things pretty much everyone predicted would happen in 2020 back near the start of the year so at least one of the prophecies this year came true.

You are going to see lots of streaming services fail. Everybody wants to have one, and the market will be flooded.

I would not write Apple off, though. Some of it's future projects look interesting, and the Apple corporation has really deep pockets and can afford to keep it going at a loss for a long time if they thing it will eventually succeed.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

You are going to see lots of streaming services fail. Everybody wants to have one, and the market will be flooded.

I would not write Apple off, though. Some of it's future projects look interesting, and the Apple corporation has really deep pockets and can afford to keep it going at a loss for a long time if they thing it will eventually succeed.

That was inevitable. People only have so much money to spend on streaming services to begin with, and any of the services that were hoping to make it an impact this year should've moved their hopes to next year once it became clear the economy was gonna be in the dumps for the rest of 2020.

I was really rooting for Quibi. Huge fan of Katzenberg since his Disney days. I enjoyed The Most Dangerous game but they needed 10 more shows I liked to sustain my subscription.  Enjoyed the model although I know others that were frustrated because you couldn’t view the entire film at once (a key feature of their model). Perhaps MoviePass can acquire them. 🙂

———-

Vote Trump 2020