Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

@DeeCee When does the new IMAX opened in Sydney? I remember going to the old one back in 2010. 

Completion is scheduled for the first half of 2020.  I'll post a photo every so often in the IMAX Thread.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1524704&page=47

https://theribbon.com.au/

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I think I need to take advantage of the fact there's a bar within walking distance of my apartment a lot more often than I do

I have two about a block and half from me but just walking past them the clientele seems a little shady so I never been in my 13 years at this house 

Here's the latest twist in the world's dumbest constitutional crisis.

John Alexander had to resign from his seat because it turned out he was also a UK citizen.  He is now standing again at the byelection on December 16.  His Labor opponent is going to be the former Premier of New South Wales Kristina Keneally.  She was born in the USA and immigrated to Australia when she was in 20's to marry her husband (He's actually the nephew of Thomas Keneally)

I hope she loses.  She was terrible.

It is an enticing pitch: a foreign national who renounced her American citizenship - but retained her accent - and rose to the highest office state politics offers, versus a doughty quintessential Aussie bloke who represented Australia but turned out to have British allegiances. All of this to decide whether the government has a majority or not.

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/kristina-keneally-shock-liberals-face-horror-scanario-as-labor-rolls-out-another-star-candidate-20171113-gzksxt.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

We love a good constitutional crisis.

"Well may we say "God save the Queen", because nothing will save the Governor-General! The Proclamation which you have just heard read by the Governor-General's Official Secretary was countersigned Malcolm Fraser, who will undoubtedly go down in Australian history from Remembrance Day 1975 as Kerr's cur."

• Like 1