Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

"Take Me Home Country Road" is in Kingsman 2?

fuck now I gotta watch it.

I only realized after submitting that post that you hated the first Kingsman.

It was in Alien Covenant too.  It's also in Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul but I highly advise you don't watch that one

Just now, ReyReyBattery said:

giphy.gif

For real, this is such a terrible, no good take. You should be ashamed of yourself.

I'm not ashamed of my correct opinions, sorry.

Mostly because I forgot which scene has Take Me Home Country Road in Logan Lucky.  I guess this is what happens when you go to the movies after getting like 4 hours of sleep the night before.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I'm not ashamed of my correct opinions, sorry.

Mostly because I forgot which scene has Take Me Home Country Road in Logan Lucky.  I guess this is what happens when you go to the movies after getting like 4 hours of sleep the night before.

It was a legit great scene in Logan Lucky

And the one in Kingsman 2 was....not.

• Like 1

Just now, MrPink said:

It was a legit great scene in Logan Lucky

And the one in Kingsman 2 was....not.

Found it on YouTube and then I remembered it.  Indeed, it is a very good scene.  Maybe I should've waited to see Logan Lucky when I wasn't exhausted.

I still think it was done better in Kingsman 2, but whatever.

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

It's legitimately the emotional peak of Logan Lucky? how do you forget that

I was pretty much falling asleep towards the end of it.  Not by any fault of the movie, because I was really enjoying it.  It was on me for not getting enough sleep.

I should probably rewatch it.

Just now, That One Guy said:

I was pretty much falling asleep towards the end of it.  Not by any fault of the movie, because I was really enjoying it.  It was on me for not getting enough sleep.

I should probably rewatch it.

you should rewatch it- remove the probably

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Found it on YouTube and then I remembered it.  Indeed, it is a very good scene.  Maybe I should've waited to see Logan Lucky when I wasn't exhausted.

I still think it was done better in Kingsman 2, but whatever.

K2 spoilers

Spoiler

The scene is fine, but it should have never existed in that form. Merlin wanted to be out in the field, and they rob him of that for a cheap emotional tug that felt like an undeserving death

• Like 2

Just now, MrPink said:

K2 spoilers

Hide contents

The scene is fine, but it should have never existed in that form. Merlin wanted to be out in the field, and they rob him of that for a cheap emotional tug that felt like an undeserving death

I do think that Merlin shouldn't have died (because Mark Strong and all).  It's one of the few gripes I have with the film, but it's not enough to knock down the enjoyment that I got out of the rest of it.  I can't deny that the scene where he sings the song before he dies is great though.

• Like 1