Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Jackie Brown on the telly. Seriously, the scene where De Niro can't find his car and Melanie is teasing him about it, trumps any moment in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

"tarantino's ass used to be beautiful..."

I do think Hollywood is his most natural and lived-in piece since JB. Obviously not as much so because of the nature of the ending but they both carry a relaxed vibe that his other movies don't have.

also, maybe the last great DeNiro performance?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

"I came across time for you, Sarah."

As much as I love Aliens, T2, and True Lies, T1 will always be my favorite Jim Cameron flick.

Iconic, nightmarish, perfectly paced, no fat and no filler.

Outdated, lame movie where a woman is defined by her man.

6 minutes ago, cannastop said:

:apocalypse:

I've seen a few people point out that this is not a new development (HBO has had the rights for several years now), and all episodes still air on PBS (a couple of months later). So while I sympathize with the sentiment, I don't think it really applies here.

• Like 3

don't ask me about the Dodgers.  I don't care who wins this series.  

every city has starving people who like to play baseball and show up, but that struggle of the 162-game "division series"...

5fdafad9109e770ad0ed72b19dc75c0c.jpg  06d58fbd721646e3eb333aeaa67f5161.jpgfence-corn.jpg

Edited by belligerent talking robot

14 hours ago, Plain Old Tele said:

I've seen a few people point out that this is not a new development (HBO has had the rights for several years now), and all episodes still air on PBS (a couple of months later). So while I sympathize with the sentiment, I don't think it really applies here.

Literally the only reason why Sesame Street is getting funding and is still airing new episodes is from HBO. DVDs used to be their main source of income in the 2000s, but after the home media market started to die down, they had no other steady source of income for the show and had to get money from HBO to get this through. If people are upset over this HBO Max stuff, they should just be grateful we're getting new content in the first place.

• Like 1

Early reactions to HBO's Watchmen seem solid so far. I read the graphic novel around the time the movie came out a decade ago and while I liked the movie just fine, it definitely had the feeling of being very condensed from the source material so that it could reach an acceptable running time for a big budget studio movie. Positive it'll be allowed to flourish a lot more in series form.

I had no idea that a new season of Big Mouth was dropping this weekend. Quite a pleasant surprise when I randomly opened Netflix this morning.

It also kinda makes up for the fact that I can't watch any of the MLB playoff games today thanks to Dish's spat with Fox. Bleh.