Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

That would explain why the Hell anyone's ever voting for a dumbass party like PAN. Their intentions are good but they are hilariously naive to the point where they just look like animal activists trying way too hard to be politicians.

Abstention has luckily diminished to 46%. I was watching SIC's broadcast but delayed :rofl:   Still horrible, though. They better invite people to give a shit about their own country soon.

Unfortunately, Chega rose to a potential 1.1%, meaning they are one of the small parties with the biggest shot at getting in the parliement. Livre, Iniciativa Liberal and Tino de Rans' RIR are also getting there, it seems. Aliança won't get there. But that's 10 parties. 10. Madness.

Holy fuck at both Tino de Rans and André Ventura in the parliement. Holy fucking fuck. Get Santana in there somehow as well and we get 11. I need that madness in my life. 

I just love how Jerónimo de Sousa and PCP always play it as a big win. It is hilarious. I love it. Jerónimo needs to retire tho. It is time for new blood. They lost half of their representation.

Edited by CJohn

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Holy fuck at both Tino de Rans and André Ventura in the parliement. Holy fucking fuck. Get Santana in there somehow as well and we get 11. I need that madness in my life. 

I just love how Jerónimo de Sousa and PCP always play it as a big win. It is hilarious. I love it. Jerónimo needs to retire tho. It is time for new blood. They lost half of their representation.

Santana isn't getting there, it seems. However, Tino and Ventura have a solid shot at it at it. That sounds insane and disgusting at the same time.

Jerónimo and his guerrilla will always toast defeat, that's what they've been doing forever now :rofl:  Geringonça 2.0 could still happen at this point, though. But I think that if it does, it will be with only PS and BE on their own, as CDU is irrelevant now.

5 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Santana isn't getting there, it seems. However, Tino and Ventura have a solid shot at it at it. That sounds insane and disgusting at the same time.

Jerónimo and his guerrilla will always toast defeat, that's what they've been doing forever now :rofl:  Geringonça 2.0 could still happen at this point, though. But I think that if it does, it will be with only PS and BE on their own, as CDU is irrelevant now.

All that was left in that Catarina Martins speech was a gigantic poster on the wall with flashing lights saying WE TOTALLY WANT TO MAKE A DEAL WITH PS, LETS DO THIS COSTA.

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

All that was left in that Catarina Martins speech was a gigantic poster on the wall with flashing lights saying WE TOTALLY WANT TO MAKE A DEAL WITH PS, LETS DO THIS COSTA.

Well, of course, Geringonça was successful enough and it was effectively the closest thing BE will have to being on top :rofl:

Btw, Aliança overtook RIR and both are close to the 1% margin, with Chega past that mark as well. This means that there is a chance that Santana Lopes, Tino de Rans and André Ventura could all be in the parliament. Jesus Christ the third.

...and we can add Brittany Runs a Marathon to the ever-growing list of crowd-pleasers that didn't find much of a crowd. The movie is a lot of fun and has a few moments where it hits surprisingly hard, but the best part is watching character and actress transform over the course of the narrative (Jillian Bell is really good in this, y'all.). I hope many more people give it a chance when it starts streaming on Prime.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Well, of course, Geringonça was successful enough and it was effectively the closest thing BE will have to being on top :rofl:

Btw, Aliança overtook RIR and both are close to the 1% margin, with Chega past that mark as well. This means that there is a chance that Santana Lopes, Tino de Rans and André Ventura could all be in the parliament. Jesus Christ the third.

André Ventura actually got in. Same with Livre. That is 9 parties on the parliement holy shit. Such a shame Tino and Santana didn't get in as well.

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

That's not necessarily a feature to them

I suppose an auteur is one who wants to meet his specific vision from the big picture to the tiny details, animation allows for that goal more than any other medium.

Finished The Politician tonight. @captainwondyful @CJohn This was messy as hell overall even by Ryan Murphy standards. Feels like he had ideas for multiple shows and decided to cram them all into one creating one tonally confused mess. Also a waste of such a good cast on a lame group of mostly unlikable characters. And the whole final episode felt like an opener for Season 2. I'll (probably) check it out but this feels like his first real miss in a while.

The only episode that really works is that fifth episode where we get away from the lives of these terrible people to follow the random undecided voter just because it actually delivers on both the satirical tone the ads promised and some incisive social commentary, which is lacking from the rest of the show.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CJohn said:

André Ventura actually got in. Same with Livre. That is 9 parties on the parliement holy shit. Such a shame Tino and Santana didn't get in as well.

Where did we go wrong to elect an extreme right wing CMTV football commentator for the parliament? Seriously. TV popularity gets you far, apparently.

Happy for Livre and Iniciativa Liberal, though. Not 100% on board for what they offer, but they are clearly welcome breaths of fresh air for Portuguese democracy. And yeah, 9 parties in that parliament. That's gonna be a madhouse, from here on out. Crazy that Santana came so close too.

And yeah, Costa's speech confirmed that Geringonça 2.0 is so happening and it will include PAN too, as well as potentially Livre.

Edited by MCKillswitch123