Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Ouch. Not a good news week for anything GOT related it seems.

There is some good news I guess, in that there were fears that I had that the new AT&T regime were going to change up HBO's quality control and have them just green-light anything. If a GoT prequel got canned after seeing the pilot, at least they still have a certain standard.

I will say that this property might be dormant for a while, wouldn't be surprised if that Targaryen show's canned too.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

There is some good news I guess, in that there were fears that I had that the new AT&T regime were going to change up HBO's quality control and have them just green-light anything. If a GoT prequel got canned after seeing the pilot, at least they still have a certain standard.

I will say that this property might be dormant for a while, wouldn't be surprised if that Targaryen show's canned too.

Game of Thrones = the new How I Met Your Mother. That show was also gonna have a spin-off with a pilot ready and everything (with Greta Gerwig...feels safe to say it all worked out in the end considering she would go on to make Lady Bird and Little Women) and then HIMYM's finale aired and ruined everyone's perception of the show forever and the spin-off ended up not getting picked up.

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Don't they have other GoT shows in pre-production?

There were a few in the script stages, but only 2 ever went into pre-production and one of them just got cancelled. Would be surprised if the other one makes it to series tbh

Only one who I feel sorta bad for is Watts simply because it would be nice to see her get more visible work again. That movie she was just in with Octavia Spencer got strong reviews but no one saw it and The Loudest Voice kinda came and went with no one caring.

HBO Max won't be launching in certain markets like the UK, Germany and Italy due to a new agreement with Sky. 

23 minutes ago, Eric Connor said:

I’m in choir practice right now, so I sadly can’t watch it. Guess I’ll just follow it on Twitter while wading through a bunch of Snyder Cut weenies acting like weenies

I wish there was a way to block anyone who uses that stupid hashtag.

I doubt Australia will get it as HBO has an arrangement with FOXTEL.

Now to confirm my suspicion....

Edit:Looks like 2022 at the earliest for Australia.

After the initial U.S. launch, AT&T will take HBO Max international — in 2021, it plans to debut localized versions of HBO Max in Latin America and Europe, according to Stankey.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/hbo-max-price-launch-date-may-2020-1203387216/