Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

My Samsung TV has Apple TV built into it so that’s how I’ve been watching it. 

Finished the available 3 episode of For All Mankind. Loving it so far. Very well done and they’ve obvious spared no expense on getting the look right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

He could always retreat to streaming like Michael Bay. The kind of completely empty spectacle movie that these guys made their careers in back in the 90s really has no place at a multiplex these days.

Midway is being basically dumped with little fanfare. At least all the talented people in it likely got nice paychecks out of it.

Let's not pretend Michael Bay has no place today, he's already made his money and making smaller budgeted movies is probably down to his choice

1 hour ago, Chucky said:

Let's not pretend Michael Bay has no place today, he's already made his money and making smaller budgeted movies is probably down to his choice

Doesn't his newest movie with Ryan Reynolds on Netflix carry a budget of like $150M? Not exactly "smaller budgeted."

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Doesn't his newest movie with Ryan Reynolds on Netflix carry a budget of like $150M? Not exactly "smaller budgeted."

He's made a new movie with Ryan Reynolds? I stand corrected. Though isn't the Irishman being released on Netflix at the end of the month? I'm sure there's still a market for Scorsese films at the multiplex.

I just dont believe studios no longer trust Bay to deliver a crowd pleasing blockbuster seeing as he's had far more hits than misses

Edited by Chucky

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I tried to watch The Morning Show but I have no idea how to get it on my tv since I changed my Apple TV device for a Chromecast and my iPhone for an Android and I see no app for it at the Google Store. 

I thought you hated Apple and were going to refuse to support anyone who made content for it.

13 minutes ago, Chucky said:

He's made a new movie with Ryan Reynolds? I stand corrected. Though isn't the Irishman being released on Netflix at the end of the month? I'm sure there's still a market for Scorsese films at the multiplex.

I just dont believe studios no longer trust Bay to deliver a crowd pleasing blockbuster seeing as he's had far more hits than misses

He made his name making the type of Jerry Bruckheimer blockbusters that aren't really a thing anymore (Disney had no problem parting ways with his company earlier this decade following a handful of expensive flops) and has spent most of the past dozen years making Transformers movies, which were money-makers until people got sick of them (and his non-Transformers movies since then - Pain & Gain, 13 Hours - were nonstarters). Not hard to believe he'll probably have a better future in streaming going forward.

Michael Bay is pretty well known to audiences and his style is rather distinct and infamous. 

So I dont think anyone can say he is a failed director... Maybe a lot of his films are not the best but very few directors become household names. 

Like how many directors are well known these days? 

26 minutes ago, Eric Connor said:

I thought you hated Apple and were going to refuse to support anyone who made content for it.

It's free for 7 days so I'm taking the opportunity to watch the new shows and contribute with my negative reviews :ph34r:

But serious, I have no problem supporting a good show they make, now that that's clear this streaming service has no chance of actually winning over the others (it's also not their goal, anyway). Apple has some practices that would make it scary if they dominated the streaming services market.

4 hours ago, filmlover said:

He made his name making the type of Jerry Bruckheimer blockbusters that aren't really a thing anymore (Disney had no problem parting ways with his company earlier this decade following a handful of expensive flops) and has spent most of the past dozen years making Transformers movies, which were money-makers until people got sick of them (and his non-Transformers movies since then - Pain & Gain, 13 Hours - were nonstarters). Not hard to believe he'll probably have a better future in streaming going forward.

Ironically I thought Pain & Gain and 13 Hours were some of his better films

I feel like Apple just...did not make it clear how you're supposed to watch any of these. I can watch it on a TV with apps, but  I don't have those. I have a Windows PC. I could find and fire up my Macbook but why would I do all of that for a 6.5 show on IMDB.

I don't care until I can watch Servant.

• Like 1