Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I’ve just realized that Qui-Gon tried to calm down Jar Jar with the Force when they were being chased by monsters and made him pass out 😂. And that’s why Obi-Wan says “You overdid it.” Idk how that’s gone over my head the countless times I’ve watched TPM, but that makes it so much more funny.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

I’ve just realized that Qui-Gon tried to calm down Jar Jar with the Force when they were being chased by monsters and made him pass out 😂. And that’s why Obi-Wan says “You overdid it.” Idk how that’s gone over my head the countless times I’ve watched TPM, but that makes it so much more funny.

One of my favorite little moments, I never noticed it until I'd watched the film at least 10 times. I guess it just sort of slips under the radar with all the other stuff going on in the scene.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

This looks bad. A 2.5 minute trailer and not a single laugh to be found.

Greg Daniels made a mediocre sci-fi comedy show for Amazon too. Is he going to be making mediocre sci-fi comedies for other streaming services too?

I think Ianucci would've been perfect for a show like this and Greg Daniels should've switched with Ianucci and done Avenue 5 instead.

6 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I gotta say I'm not so big on The Witcher yet (granted, it's been one episode).

And I'm REALLY enjoying Hollywood lol

I'm glad you're enjoying Hollywood much more than I did lol. And The Witcher is mediocre imo. I doubt I'll watch the second season.

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm glad you're enjoying Hollywood much more than I did lol. And The Witcher is mediocre imo. I doubt I'll watch the second season.

Yea, I'm only continuing with it because I'm watching it with a friend on NetflixParty. As far as Hollywood goes, I really like the look, the production, and the performances are for the most part pretty great (Parsons especially). I really don't see where much of the criticism has come from, but I haven't read any reviews so

7 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Yea, I'm only continuing with it because I'm watching it with a friend on NetflixParty. As far as Hollywood goes, I really like the look, the production, and the performances are for the most part pretty great (Parsons especially). I really don't see where much of the criticism has come from, but I haven't read any reviews so

Said this in the other thread after finishing it the other day but my problem with it was that it had a lot of interesting ideas but executed most of them not particularly well. Like that Oscar contender Darren Criss is struggling to make is supposed to be both controversial and groundbreaking for the time period but from the many clips we see it's hard to believe because if it were a real movie it would be laughed off the screen. Also the young rising stars were mostly weak: Jeremy Pope is good but David Corenswet has no charisma and Laura Harrier is robotic. Jake Picking had some fun "bad actor" moments but I didn't buy him at all as Rock Hudson.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Said this in the other thread after finishing it the other day but my problem with it was that it had a lot of interesting ideas but executed most of them not particularly well. Like that Oscar contender Darren Criss is struggling to make is supposed to be both controversial and groundbreaking for the time period but from the many clips we see it's hard to believe because if it were a real movie it would be laughed off the screen. Also the young rising stars were mostly weak: Jeremy Pope is good but David Corenswet has no charisma and Laura Harrier is robotic. Jake Picking had some fun "bad actor" moments but I didn't buy him at all as Rock Hudson.

Gotta disagree about Corenswet in particular, I haven't found any of the performances to be outright 'bad'. Laura Harrier I don't see her performance in the show really matching how the other characters are reacting to her (imo Samara Weaving is a much better actress :lol: )

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

For people who have seen Hollywood: Am I the only one who heard Jimmy Stewart in Jack's voice? Especially could hear it whenever the character was doing a screen test and in the first episode where he acts to as a police officers.

It was obvious that character was meant to be a Jimmy Stewart type.

The highlight of the whole show was arguably when Patti LuPone, Holland Taylor, and Joe Mantello were dragging Song of the South and Walt Disney for making it to Hell and back. Suddenly, it makes sense why Murphy was so eager to go to Netflix and leave Fox once it became clear Disney was gonna buy them and said he signed the deal because he didn't feel he would have as much creative freedom anymore. :lol:

great (long) read about josh trank and the whole fant4stic business. 

but also i'm not getting my hopes up about his Capone movie.

Trank had high hopes for where Capone might go. Considering its Euro edge, the director hoped to debut the film at the Cannes or Berlin film festivals, or maybe Sundance, if the time was right. Though he completed the film at the end of 2018, grand premiere plans hit a snag when major theatrical and streaming distributors saw, and passed on releasing, the film. Trank chalked it up to an industry wary of challenging art.

uh-huh.

• Haha 3

Elon Musk on Tuesday took to social media to share the first photo of his newborn son with singer Grimes. The picture came just hours after Grimes gave birth to the baby, whom the couple appear to have named X Æ A-12 Musk, according to his Twitter.

What GIF - What GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2