Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Assuming this isn't some massive psyop, are the Western war enthusiasts giddy with excitement at the prospects of a meaner, crazier Russian leader taking over the world's largest arsenal?  After all, Prigozhin and his Wagner PMC are pretty much the only group on the Russian side of the war that has consistently defeated the Western led, trained, and equipped Ukrainian military on the battlefieldwrestling 3 big cities from their control.

If post Cold War world history has taught us anything, US sponsored regime changes always go smoothly with no unintended consequences or something worse!  Careful what you wish for.

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Got to admit, I didn't have Armed Rebellion in Russia on my Summer Bingo Card.

I thought it was a possibility by the end of the year. By all accounts, Putin's insistence to stay in Ukraine despite not making up any ground was rubbing his oligarchs the wrong way and the citizens being drafted even more so. Didn't think it would be by paramilitary forces though, just thought Putin would find himself on the wrong side of a window.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Assuming this isn't some massive psyop, are the Western war enthusiasts giddy with excitement at the prospects of a meaner, crazier Russian leader taking over the world's largest arsenal?  After all, Prigozhin and his Wagner PMC are pretty much the only group on the Russian side of the war that has consistently defeated the Western led, trained, and equipped Ukrainian military on the battlefieldwrestling 3 big cities from their control.

If post Cold War world history has taught us anything, US sponsored regime changes always go smoothly with no unintended consequences or something worse!  Careful what you wish for.

Personally, I think the US/West has very little to do with this.  My quip in my last post notwithstanding, the relationship between Wagner Group and Russia's military leaders has been degrading pretty rapidly over the last couple of months.  Get the sense this is purely an internal dispute (and one that is exceedingly unlikely to remove Putin from power — at least immediately; fallout from this is a different matter), if one that has been building for months.

Not everything that happens in the world is thanks to various Great Powers pulling various puppet strings.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

I thought it was a possibility by the end of the year. By all accounts, Putin's insistence to stay in Ukraine despite not making up any ground was rubbing his oligarchs the wrong way and the citizens being drafted even more so. Didn't think it would be by paramilitary forces though, just thought Putin would find himself on the wrong side of a window.

Said SUMMER Bingo Card for a reason, grim. ;)

14 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Not everything that happens in the world is thanks to various Great Powers pulling various puppet strings.

C'mon, we all know that Titanic submarine Hillary Clinton adenochrome Epstein Bitcoin Globalists.

Fighting in Rostov and Vorozehn...two  more names popping up from the Eastern Front in World War 2.

I think we call this a civil war.

TIme to put my Doctor Zhivago Blu Ray on......

We have a couple of members in Russia. Hope they keep their heads down.

What is scary is that from all I have read, Prigo,the Wagner group leader would be worse then Putin, as hard as that might be to grasp.

Edited by dudalb

It's just a truce.

I think that Prigo found out  he did not have a realistic chance of fighting his way to Moscow, and Putin wanted more time to  firm up his support. Russia not big enough .long term for the both of them.

BTW not one expert I have heard thinks that Luschenko really brokered a deal, acted more as a messenger boy between the two.

Also wierd about the climax of the first Episode of Secret Invasion  and what ishappening in Russia.

Edited by dudalb

6 hours ago, ZattMurdock said:

A.I. is at some scary shit levels for a while and it’s known but HOLY SHIT

Community Note added later:

The video was not created by artificial intelligence. This is a TikToker who cosplays Wednesday Addams.

• Like 2