Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

23 minutes ago, DAR said:

That has more to do with their structures than with strategy. A huge part of the revenue for Disney, Warner, Paramount and Universal come from the TV business. Paramount had a total of $30.1 billion in revenue last year, with 74% of that coming from advertisement and subscription (mainly from their cable TV channels). Sony isn't in the TV business, and their entire studio side (not including their tech, game or music business) had a total revenue of $9.5 billion last fiscal year. While the rise of Netflix isn't affecting any of Sony's existing business, streaming services are eating into the traditional TV, which are a big part of the revenue for the other studios. They had to get into the streaming wars in order to not shrink.

• Like 1

Not sure where else to post this, and I'm dating myself here big time, but going through some old stuff I found a bunch of movie ticket stubs I had saved from a long time ago.

VpCr7B6.jpg

FUQRyi9.jpg

k9IR0nf.jpg

I caught the change in ticket stubs at potomac mills mall late in 1999. Good times. 

Kind of surprising to remember how many movies I saw at the time. 

• Astonished 1

So the Supreme Court killed Student Loan Forgiveness for literally no reason (they made up precedent from scratch) and legalized discrimination by businesses against LGBTQ people (actually all people because the ruling is so broad) using a completely made up case. And people wonder why the court is not looked upon favorably by anyone anymore.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

So the Supreme Court killed Student Loan Forgiveness for literally no reason (they made up precedent from scratch) and legalized discrimination by businesses against LGBTQ people (actually all people because the ruling is so broad) using a completely made up case. And people wonder why the court is not looked upon favorably by anyone anymore.

I wish SCOTUS a very big die

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, grim22 said:

SCOTUS no longer having any legitimacy has been known for more than a year since the leak occurred. Especially when the conservative fools on the court have continued to prove they have no shame either.

Edited by filmlover

Can all the fucking boomers die already, we're never going back to the 50's no matter how much you desperately want that to happen. Go meet your creator in the sky and leave us the fuck alone.

I'm glad business are doing this, it makes it easier to know which buildings to vandalize and throw bricks at. Bigotry should not be tolerated.

Also it's not just LGBT couples that can be discriminated against now, it's interracial couples as well as disabled couples. 

Hillary Clinton was always right but bozos were having a hard on for Bernie Sanders and too stupid to realize the damage Trump would do to this country.

Edited by Cappoedameron

9 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Also it's not just LGBT couples that can be discriminated against now, it's interracial couples as well as disabled couples. 

They have pretty much legalized discrimination fully with this ruling. Any "creative" business, in the loosest interpretation of creative, can now refuse to serve anyone they feel like.

14 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

Hillary Clinton was always right but bozos were having a hard on for Bernie Sanders and too stupid to realize the damage Trump would do to this country.

Hillary lost because she sucked as a candidate, not because of Bernie Sanders. This is cope lol

1 hour ago, Cappoedameron said:

Can all the fucking boomers die already, we're never going back to the 50's no matter how much you desperately want that to happen. Go meet your creator in the sky and leave us the fuck alone.

I'm glad business are doing this, it makes it easier to know which buildings to vandalize and throw bricks at. Bigotry should not be tolerated.

I love peopple who scream out against bigotry but then show bigotry of  their own.

I also wonder if his basically advocating violence is a good diea.

Boycott Burinesses that discriminate yes, attackng they physically no.

Unless you are prepared to go all the way with  political violence.

Edited by dudalb