Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

26 minutes ago, robertman2 said:

Pickleball and zip-lining seem like silly gimmicks

Would love real arcades making a comeback though

Real problem is too many chains over built pre 2020; they simply have too many screens. Empry theaters cost nearly asmuch in overhad as crowded ones.

2 minutes ago, Eric Prime said:

I'm a beast at the Jurassic Park game at my local movie theater

All the AMC I go to has is prize games and that Terminator Salvation game that's everywhere lol. The smaller theater has Hydro Thunder which is nice tho

Wish they'd put in some Japanese rhythm games like Chunithm, Maimai or Groove Coaster. That'd be awesome.

Yeah, a lot of the stadium-seated multiplexes that exist today in the US were actually built in the late 90s/early 2000s so it's natural that some of them are looking at upgrades to "get with the the times" (though a lot of theaters have made significant changes over the years). Which is kind of wild if you stop and think about it (a number of the theaters that are showing the 25th anniversary re-release of The Matrix this week actually played it on their screens when it was a brand new movie), but what can you do.

Edited by filmlover

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, a lot of the stadium-seated multiplexes that exist today in the US were actually built in the late 90s/early 2000s so it's natural that some of them are looking at upgrades to "get with the the times" (though a lot of theaters have made significant changes over the years). Which is kind of wild if you stop and think about it (a number of the theaters that are showing the 25th anniversary re-release of The Matrix this week actually played it on their screens when it was a brand new movie), but what can you do.

And the chains overbuilt in second decade of the 2000's adding to the problem.

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

Haven't begun the odyssey of watching the show yet but this caught my eye because who knew even prisons now have Netflix?

Joe Exotic tweeted about Carole Baskin earlier today and he's got another dozen years on his sentence.

These wardens probably figure that allowing social media and streaming access keeps the prisoners from starting revolts from the inside. Or Erik's wife watched the show and he's just taking her word for it.

I was surprised Monster: Season 3 will be about Ed Gein. To stay in character with Ryan Murphy's "hot murderer" vibe, I guess the show is going to lean into more of a Norman Bates interpretation than Leatherface. A Buffalo Bill take in this era would be way too controversial.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

15 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Joe Exotic tweeted about Carole Baskin earlier today and he's got another dozen years on his sentence.

These wardens probably figure that allowing social media and streaming access keeps the prisoners from starting revolts from the inside. Or Erik's wife watched the show and he's just taking her word for it.

Dorkasaurus!

And she's got her own Murphy-produced legal drama featuring an overqualified ensemble surrounding her coming out next year. I can't decide what's more random: that he has like 33 shows that will be premiering over the next year, or that he's turned to facilitating the acting careers of non-actors (Kardashian, Travis Kelce).

On a similar note, the last name "Koch" sounded familiar and what do you know, he actually does come from a showbiz family. His grandfather and great-grandfather, in particular, being big name producers behind many famous movies you've heard of and having strong ties to Oscar history (including both having served as President of AMPAS).

On 9/22/2024 at 9:05 AM, filmlover said:

Dorkasaurus!

And she's got her own Murphy-produced legal drama featuring an overqualified ensemble surrounding her coming out next year. I can't decide what's more random: that he has like 33 shows that will be premiering over the next year, or that he's turned to facilitating the acting careers of non-actors (Kardashian, Travis Kelce).

So Kim isn't in hiding with her family, afraid to show her face because she's been implicated in the freak off videos and is recovering from days of police interrogation? But Twitter told me...

People are really in a frenzy trying to tie Diddy to absolutely every celebrity story now: the Bennifer divorce (the feds came a-calling to JLo about that nightclub shooting and Ben bailed after she fessed up) and Aaliyah's death are akshually all his fault, too, if you believe social media.

On 9/21/2024 at 2:34 PM, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I was surprised Monster: Season 3 will be about Ed Gein. To stay in character with Ryan Murphy's "hot murderer" vibe, I guess the show is going to lean into more of a Norman Bates interpretation than Leatherface. A Buffalo Bill take in this era would be way too controversial.

SPeaking of serial killers, will we ever get 'Devil In the White City " put of development hell?

First it was to be Scorsese movie starring Leo de Capio, then it was announded it would be a miniseries, and for a couple of years nothing.

I guess the cost keeps scaring them off. If you build 1893 CHicago, including the World's Fari, it is going to be expensive.