Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 hours ago, Morieris said:

Another day, another person wants to boycott god knows what because a black panther cast member isn't dating a black person. 

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I know I was gone for a while and then just disappeared this week, so it's probably not weird to post here a big coming back thing, but I kinda want to not really because of me feeling like I was gone, but I wanna talk about something that happened last Sunday night.

Around 11pm, I got news that a friend of mine had committed suicide. In a way, typing a "friend" feels weird to me. We only really knew each other from class but we would always say hi to each other and I think we both had a lot of mutual respect for each other. His dancing was utterly phenomenal and he was a great guy.

This week has been weird, full of mourning and despair. I'm only posting now because I think I've processed most of it. It's still weird typing it all which is why it might seem like I'm a bit cold and unfeeling right now. It's just fucking weird though, and since this friend was also a cinema and theater double major, everyone I know knows him. I cried a lot on Monday and Tuesday but the weird thing has been more that I need to be there for a lot of his close friends because none of us saw this coming. I talked directly to his family on Monday and that was an experience I'll never forget.

I guess I'm trying to say I've never dealt with suicide before. And after feeling how it felt with someone who really an acquaintance at best, I hope I never have to deal with it again. The immense sorrow that has affected everyone I know and the tragedy that I have felt for the past week are something I will never forget. It's gonna be a weird last week of school without him, and I wish this year could've ended in any other way. Rest in peace, my friend, everyone at my school in cinema and theatre will miss you dearly.

• Sad 13

3 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Wtf is with all these hot convention chicks being married? 

The universe is mocking me with these hot chicks that I can't touch without violating my code.

There he is 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chewy said:

If you @ me about the Sixers tonight I just want you to know that you are my enemy

What about that confetti though? Why did they have confetti to potentially celebrate a Game 3 win to go only 2-1 down? :thinking: 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, grim22 said:

What about that confetti though? Why did they have confetti to potentially celebrate a Game 3 win to go only 2-1 down? :thinking: 

grim, they won 10 games two years ago

@Porthos @Arlborn @Deep Wang @Water Bottle

In any event one of the things that is pretty cool in Pillars 2 is that the world map is interactive this time around. You actually move around your party on the world map screen with fog of war and everything and uncover locations/random encounters to explore in-between the actual major locations on the various islands. Should be a pretty cool feature.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

@Porthos @Arlborn @Deep Wang @Water Bottle

In any event one of the things that is pretty cool in Pillars 2 is that the world map is interactive this time around. You actually move around your party on the world map screen with fog of war and everything and uncover locations/random encounters to explore in-between the actual major locations on the various islands. Should be a pretty cool feature.

I had no idea, that sounds pretty good.

It seems like they made a lot of small quality-of-life improvements to the interface in general, that's always good.

Watched Brüno with my 80 year old aunt (she walked in the living room while I was watching it). TBH it was funny seeing her reactions. 

Now she swears out that SBC is either gay or has mental problems. I personally love the movie.

Did you guys see/like it?

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun

10 minutes ago, LOGAN'sLuckyRun said:

Watched Brüno with my 80 year old aunt (she walked in the living room while I was watching it). TBH it was funny seeing her reactions. 

Now she swears out that SBC is either gay or has mental problems. I personally love the movie.

Did you guys see/like it?

Now that's just mean. :lol:

I saw it in theaters back in the day. It was...okay. Too much reliance on shock value, not enough laughs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I saw it in theaters back in the day. It was...okay. Too much reliance on shock value, not enough laughs.

It had god awful DOM legs. 60m off a 30m OW. Whereas Borat grossed 128m off a 26m OW. ( the 26 was when it was only in 800 theaters when it expanded the next week it brought in even more with 28m)

Even though I loved Brüno I prefer his portrayal in Da Ali G Show. Don't know what was different about it other than his hair but I just liked that version better. 

Dictator made a little more WW but Grimsby was an absolute BOMB. I wonder what's next for him.

Edited by LOGAN'sLuckyRun
  • Like 1