Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Heading to Austin tomorrow for the Texas Tribune Festival and a Beto rally

Going to get to meet Beto

Potentially will get to meet Nancy Pelosi, Jeff Flake, some pulitzer prize winners, a lot of big media hosts and other US representatives.  It's a political junkies wet dream and only cost me 40 bucks.

• Like 1

Final driveby spam to announce that the TOp 100 Animated films reveal will kick off in about 10-12 hours time. 

This means there is still time to send a last minute list of 15, 20, or however films you can muster up until the moment the countdown begins. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

@WrathOfHan Mid90s just got set to open on October 26 here so looks like A24 will be expanding that one fast. Pray it opens near you.

If it comes, I imagine it’ll be gone incredibly fast. Eighth Grade got reduced showtimes in its second week and left after that by me

So was taking a look at what would be coming to Netflix (Canada) next month (that Paul Greengrass movie looks really good btw) and noticed something interesting. It says Operation Finale is coming to Netflix Canada, but as a Netflix Original. 

Now, I couldn't find a single theatre within hours of me that was playing the movie. Did it just not get a theatrical release in Canada, and Netflix has the Canadian rights? I've never heard of that happening before. 

36 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So was taking a look at what would be coming to Netflix (Canada) next month (that Paul Greengrass movie looks really good btw) and noticed something interesting. It says Operation Finale is coming to Netflix Canada, but as a Netflix Original. 

Now, I couldn't find a single theatre within hours of me that was playing the movie. Did it just not get a theatrical release in Canada, and Netflix has the Canadian rights? I've never heard of that happening before. 

So happy you've cleared this up for me! I was also wondering why I couldn't find this movie. My theatre is the Cineplex Scotiabank Chinook in Calgary, which is apparently one or the busiest in Canada, and they get almost everything (wide releases anyway) so it was really confusing that it was seemingly omitted.

Now I know.

• Like 1

sometimes all i'm thinking when i watch maniac is that i can't wait to hear Dan Romer's james bond score. he's the most underrated composer i swear. killing it on this show. my favourite score of the year, although i can't think of many that have stood out to me.

• Like 1