Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

28 minutes ago, 75Live said:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Just a quick question for anyone that uses this item. Does anybody have the Roku express? My brother got me a gift card for a 12-month subscription to Disney plus but my Blu-ray player doesn't do the app and I don't have a smart TV so I'm looking for a way to get the app.

Just curious to people that use the Roku Express how it is and if it's worth the $25?

We use the Amazon Fire stick...has worked great, and Amazon will probably make sure folks always work with their devices...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 75Live said:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Just a quick question for anyone that uses this item. Does anybody have the Roku express? My brother got me a gift card for a 12-month subscription to Disney plus but my Blu-ray player doesn't do the app and I don't have a smart TV so I'm looking for a way to get the app.

Just curious to people that use the Roku Express how it is and if it's worth the $25?

Yup, we have 2. Easy to set up and use, well worth it, IMO. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TwoMisfits said:

We use the Amazon Fire stick...has worked great, and Amazon will probably make sure folks always work with their devices...

29 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Yup, we have 2. Easy to set up and use, well worth it, IMO. 

I really appreciate the info. :)

Most likely I'll get the Roku Express in the next few days and that should solve some of my first world problems 😛

• Like 1

Had a pretty great Christmas tbh. Started out the day opening presents with the family (while having that glorified Disney commercial on in the background lol), then took my mom to see Bombshell in the afternoon before joining with the rest of the family for Little Women in the evening, then we finished the night off at home with The Polar Express. All in all, a fun time was had by all.

• Like 2

oh nice, I just logged into Paypal for the first time in 2 years and it turns out theres £100 in the account from when I sold something on ebay two years ago. must have forgotten about it. Some free christmas present money!

15 hours ago, Avatree said:

oh nice, I just logged into Paypal for the first time in 2 years and it turns out theres £100 in the account from when I sold something on ebay two years ago. must have forgotten about it. Some free christmas present money!

That's awesome! Kind of the same thing happened to me when an eTransfer I sent was returned or declined. I didn't realize because I didn't get a notification of any kind, I just happened to look in Pending Transfers or whatever it was and there was $50. I think it was sitting there for months and months.

I had a tyre pump on my list and...oh well..I suppose it will come in handy if I get an unexpected car deflation.

Not sure about being a fashion item but the "precise manometry" has me intrigued, is it going to test my manliness?

IMG-20191225-121552782

Edited by AndyK

34 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I had a tyre pump on my list and...oh well..I suppose it will come in handy if I get an unexpected car deflation.

Not sure about being a fashion item but the "precise manometry" has me intrigued, is it going to test my manliness?

IMG-20191225-121552782
2012 bmw 328i 0 60

Is that an ad for an inflator or a vibrator?

9 hours ago, DAJK said:

Does anyone have a budget figure/estimate for The King? I can't seem to find one anywhere, but I've started watching it and this thing looks massive. Can't imagine it's less than 100M. 

Pattinson's wig alone probably cost a couple of million so that sounds about right.

• Like 1

Got the Roku express yesterday and hooked it up today.  So far it is working great.  Disney+, WWE network all stream smoothly.  Just have to figure out if  using the USB to the TV will give it enough juice since I just plugged into the wall to test.

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

Finally finished Red Dead 2. Would give it a 9.5/10. Rockstar's most beautiful, most ambitious and engrossing game to date.

That said, I think Arthur's story would hit harder if it were, say, 20% shorter. And as usual with Rockstar games, the controls are clunky at times.

Can't wait to play it once its playable and not full of crashes and bugs!

28 minutes ago, Avatree said:

Can't wait to play it once its playable and not full of crashes and bugs!

Yeah, the first couple of weeks were brutal. It works fine now, tho. At least for me.

Speaking of brutal... The Nightingale is something else. Do I even want to watch any more of this shit??

Yay the Rolu works with just the USB to the TV.  Hopefully with it not in use it will then off, because there was no power button or setting to make it turn off.

Edited by 75Live

Apparently the college football playoffs are today. I don't really care but I happened to go to ESPN for one second and saw the score, and even the announcer had to make a sarcastic comment about the game when LSU went up 55 to 14 and they were checking to see if the score stood, and he had said "yeah this is critical" 😛