Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

For those who liked Thor Ragnarok, Taika Waititi is going to do a live commentary on his Instagram. 

Z*** S***** did one for B***** * S******* a few days ago and it was great, I miss the days when studios used to put this kind of stuff on the DVD.

commentary's have sort of been making a comeback recently. there's been a fair amount of recent movies that have them. tom hooper did one for cats. apparently recorded before the movie released so there's no wallowing in failure and blame shifting like we all want.

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

commentary's have sort of been making a comeback recently. there's been a fair amount of recent movies that have them. tom hooper did one for cats. apparently recorded before the movie released so there's no wallowing in failure and blame shifting like we all want.

There is a famous 'making of' for Batman and Robin which is basically everyone in the cast and crew apologizing for the movie. It coined the term "Toyetic". Unfortunately that video has been scrubbed from the internet, it is on one of the home releases.  

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/batman-and-robin-featurette/11822

i don't think we'll ever get a "my bad" from hooper. in my experience posh oxbridge twats like him have egos as big as jupiter and never cop to any fuck up. not that an "apology" is needed but he'll happily blame the vfx artists until the end of time probably. or something like this basically

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

That might make it more interesting. Would love to hear what shooting the scene with the dancing humanoid cockroaches and some of them ending up Cat Rebel Wilson's dinner was like.

21 minutes ago, grim22 said:

There is a famous 'making of' for Batman and Robin which is basically everyone in the cast and crew apologizing for the movie. It coined the term "Toyetic". Unfortunately that video has been scrubbed from the internet, it is on one of the home releases.  

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/batman-and-robin-featurette/11822

Ah yes, the capper of the Shadow of the Bat featurettes on the 2005 box set (which were actually pretty good across the board; the last one for Batman '89 is lots of fun to watch once it begins to recap Batmania). That Batman & Robin featurette is basically just half-an-hour of almost every interviewee saying some variation of "Yeah, we screwed up." I'm pretty sure I remember Joel Schumacher pausing and apologizing for the movie on the commentary track too.

Edited by Webslinger

14 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Ah yes, the capper of the Shadow of the Bat featurettes on the 2005 box set (which were actually pretty good across the board; the last one for Batman '89 is lots of fun to watch once it begins to recap Batmania). That Batman & Robin featurette is basically just half-an-hour of almost every interviewee saying some variation of "Yeah, we screwed up." I'm pretty sure I remember Joel Schumacher pausing and apologizing for the movie on the commentary track too.

Thanks for the name of the featurette. Found it in a little watched video channel on Youtube

This is honestly worth watching for the entire runtime. Its just people basically apologizing for 30 minutes.

In a way I feel like we should all be grateful Batman & Robin happened because we ended up getting Nolan's trilogy out of it being a complete franchise-killing disaster that only comes around once in a blue moon.

Bane (Jeep Swenson) | Batman Wiki | Fandom

Eat your heart out, Hardy.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, TMP said:

@Eric Lightfoot Dan Murrell leaving Screen Junkies next week, so looks like Charting's gonna go from an indefinite hiatus to not being there at all

Dan mentioned on Twitter he's planning to set up his own YT channel and Patreon in the future, so it's not dead yet. But alas, I guess I'm hate-watching G**** R******* for a little while longer

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

Dan mentioned on Twitter he's planning to set up his own YT channel and Patreon in the future, so it's not dead yet. But alas, I guess I'm hate-watching G**** R******* for a little while longer

I hope he continues Charting on his own channel... GR doesn't even understand basic box office but preaches it to so many hundreds of thousands

17 minutes ago, TMP said:

I hope he continues Charting on his own channel... GR doesn't even understand basic box office but preaches it to so many hundreds of thousands

I tried watching her "This Year's Oscar Contenders Will Be" video a week ago and she was actually doing a pretty good job highlighting everything expected to come out this year that's aiming for awards until the end when she tried making a case for Birds of Prey being of WB's big pushes for the year. Glad to see she's at least still capable of providing the lolz while in self-quarantine.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I tried watching her "This Year's Oscar Contenders Will Be" video a week ago and she was actually doing a pretty good job highlighting everything expected to come out this year that's aiming for awards until the end when she tried making a case for Birds of Prey being of WB's big pushes for the year. Glad to see she's at least still capable of providing the lolz while in self-quarantine.

BoP being a WB Oscar push and not Dune... lmao

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

BoP being a WB Oscar push and not Dune... lmao

Maybe the alcohol while self-isolating told her that it's moving to 2021 and she wants to get a head start on claiming she called it first after the "Black Widow and Wonder Woman are going straight to streaming" rumors blew up in her face lol.

• Haha 1