Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

SAG/AFTRA has set up a strike authroization vote. This is a mere legal formality , the strike will be authorized by the members.

A shutdown of almost all production in Hollywood move closer to happening.

Between this news and Queen Camilla being crowned, bad month for the "triggered by cheaters" folks in the comments sections...

The Swifties really don't like her new boyfriend...

An open letter to Swift with the hashtag "#SpeakUpNow" is currently being shared on social media in an attempt to pressure Swift to atone for the rumored Healy association.

Accusing Healy of "actions [which] contribute to the perpetuation of hate, stereotypes, and objectification," the letter asks Swift to push back publicly on Healy's controversies. "While individuals have the right to make their own choices and form relationships," the letter reads, "we believe that is essential for those in the public eye to take a stand against discrimination and hold themselves and their associates accountable... Staying silent about actions that perpetuate hatred and contribute to systemic oppression undermines the progress that was made towards equality and understanding."

As much as Matty Healy may suck, an open letter? Fans are doing way too much.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Between this news and Queen Camilla being crowned, bad month for the "triggered by cheaters" folks in the comments sections...

The Swifties really don't like her new boyfriend...

As much as Matty Healy may suck, an open letter? Fans are doing way too much.

I couldn't even tell you who Matty Healy is, but for some reason this stuff has been popping up in my feed constantly.

1 hour ago, elcaballero said:

I couldn't even tell you who Matty Healy is, but for some reason this stuff has been popping up in my feed constantly.

I'd heard of The 1975 before and vaguely remember the "controversy" of the guy in a band who checked ID before kissing a fan onstage (it seems the Age Gap Twitter crowd also hates singers hooking up with fans--even if they're consenting adults--because of course they would), but couldn't have told you that was Matty Healy. At least until this Taylor Swift news. It's so fascinating to watch her fanbase cope in real time.

ABC, the NBA league office and the betting app owners have to be crying: from a potential LeBron Lakers vs Boston Celtics showdown, to the Nuggets sweeping their way into the finals to (probably) meet the 8-seed Heat.

15 hours ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I'd heard of The 1975 before and vaguely remember the "controversy" of the guy in a band who checked ID before kissing a fan onstage (it seems the Age Gap Twitter crowd also hates singers hooking up with fans--even if they're consenting adults--because of course they would), but couldn't have told you that was Matty Healy. At least until this Taylor Swift news. It's so fascinating to watch her fanbase cope in real time.

ABC, the NBA league office and the betting app owners have to be crying: from a potential LeBron Lakers vs Boston Celtics showdown, to the Nuggets sweeping their way into the finals to (probably) meet the 8-seed Heat.

And the Networks were disspaointed too; their mouths were watering at the idea of a return to the classic 80's Lakers/Celts matchups.

On 5/23/2023 at 5:20 PM, dudalb said:

And the Networks were disspaointed too; their mouths were watering at the idea of a return to the classic 80's Lakers/Celts matchups.

The Celtics saved themselves from a sweep and the pregame packages tomorrow will have a thousand references to the 2004 Red Sox.

11 hours ago, eddyxx said:

giphy.gif

Shakira shut down that speculation pretty hard, good for her.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl
  • Like 1

Just finished the most stressful and least productive week of my life. My firm emailed everyone on Monday morning saying we will have layoffs for about 15% of the workforce and the layoffs will be done by Wednesday evening and we will have the all hands call tomorrow morning post the layoffs.

So the past 3 days was just sitting around hoping I don't get a calendar invite. Got zero work done and jumped at each email or teams notification I got.

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol I was about to post this. Terrible trailer too

It is quite bad. It’s like a throwback those PS2 or 360 era Ads where the graphics weren’t pretty enough to advertise on their own so they would pull this live-action stuff.

What’s insane is that I don’t think Zhao is here as “Academy Award Winner, Chloe Zhao”. I don’t think Activision are trying to promote themselves via association with her. I don’t think Activision even want a particularly ambitious commercial - something one would expect from an Oscar winning filmmaker. The whole thing comes across as if Chloe Zhao needed work, submitted her name, and got a job. It’s like the end of Tár.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1