Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

I won't even be hate-watching Season 2, all the same lab monkeys are still somehow in charge despite low ratings and 1 in 3 viewers actually finishing S1.  Is that even coming out this year or is it gonna get delayed a lot like WoT2?

I will probably put it in the background when it comes out but I am definitely not excited for it like I am for something like The Boys. With the amount of money and time spent on it, it's ridiculous they couldn't make something that's even half as good as the LOTR.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2023 at 8:21 PM, eeetooki said:

Hard disagree. The Hobbit movies weren't as good as the original trilogy obviously, but they were still enjoyable blockbusters. The TV series was boring as hell. They had an entire season to tell the story but somehow everything seems so disconnected. The casting was also just off. Most of the elves didn't even feel like the ethereal creatures they were suppose to be. The only characters that felt elf like were Arondir and Adar.

The real problem with Rings of Power is they did not have the rights to the Simrallaion, and that is where Tolkien goes into detail about the Second age. They had to use the very thin material in the appendices of LOTR, and they had to make up a lot of stuff, and what they made up conflicts with what Tolkien had to say in the Sim. It was not nearly as good.Really missing is what caused the Numenor to go to the Dark Side; they did not touch that and that robs the story of a lot of it;s meaning.

The Middle Earth of Tolkien is not like a comic book franachise where writers are interchangable. Thinkiing he was as good a writer as Tolkien is where Jackson messed up in his additions and changes in the Hobbit movie, and the people who wrote RIngs Of Power were even worse.

• Like 1

Actor Lee Sun-kyun found dead in apparent suicide

11:34 December 27, 2023

(ATTN: UPDATES with more info throughout) 

SEOUL, Dec. 27 (Yonhap) -- Actor Lee Sun-kyun of the Oscar-winning "Parasite" was found dead in an apparent suicide Wednesday while facing an investigation over suspected drug use.

RIP :(

Edited by DAJK
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, cannastop said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elves-haldir-rohan-helms-deep-valinor-halls-of-mandos2023-12

The elves who came to Helm's Deep to relieve the forces of Rohan were a bunch of weenies who just wanted to jump the line to Valinor, there I said it

658b3fc11c5c7b8c9a0c1b72?width=1300&form

Guy who pointed this out also crunched some numbers and figured out LotR is genuinely notably bigger in december versus other months.

Edited by PlatnumRoyce
  • Astonished 1

14 hours ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

https://www.businessinsider.com/elves-haldir-rohan-helms-deep-valinor-halls-of-mandos2023-12

The elves who came to Helm's Deep to relieve the forces of Rohan were a bunch of weenies who just wanted to jump the line to Valinor, there I said it

658b3fc11c5c7b8c9a0c1b72?width=1300&form

Guy who pointed this out also crunched some numbers and figured out LotR is genuinely notably bigger in december versus other months.

It was 20 year anniversary and thr movie been promoted online and shown on tv a lot.

A lot of people really appreciate how well these films are even 20 years on.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, filmlover said:

About to see Anyone But You and was looking up to see if Legend Powell has anything lined up next. @CoolioD1 he's checking off the Tony box of EGOT first.

Glen Powell Reuniting With ‘Scream Queens’ Creator Ryan Murphy For Broadway Musical & Shares Update On ‘Twister’ Film Spinoff – Deadline

"Glen Powell... Ryan Murphy"

happy-sad.gif

• Like 1