Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, Poe Blankeron said:

My script is at 114 pages and I wanna get it to 100 ugh

I'm assuming you're on the first draft, in which you should probably do a spell-check / cut out a lot of the potentially unnecessary elements.

For me though, I always get frustrated with how short my scripts actually seem to be when I type them up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'm assuming you're on the first draft, in which you should probably do a spell-check / cut out a lot of the potentially unnecessary elements.

For me though, I always get frustrated with how short my scripts actually seem to be when I type them up. 

this is draft 4. The first draft clocked in around 145 pages. I'm working through it line by line cutting stuff because I already tried to cut a whole scene.

23 minutes ago, Poe Blankeron said:

this is draft 4. The first draft clocked in around 145 pages. I'm working through it line by line cutting stuff because I already tried to cut a whole scene.

Ah, that makes sense. Trying to shorten it a bit, is the right thing to do. Just need to cut it down by 14 pages. 

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

That and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel (another show I never though I'd like) 

I love that fucking show. My first Amazon Original too (and I’m almost certain i’ve had the service for at least 4 years now. It took them this long to make a show I’m interested in).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poe Blankeron said:

Are there any subplots that aren't working as well as you might like? Might consider cutting one and seeing if that helps.