Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

All of my friends who are just now taking Sociology at my school (the new semester began ago)  are complaining about how tough it is not even a week in. I took the class the previous semester, stopped paying attention halfway through the semester, barely knew what was being taught, and still ended up with a 92 or a 93 for the final grade. 

It's a college level course, provided by a local community college no less (its actually about a 1/4 of a mile from my high school). All I tell my friends to do is just to get the online assignments done (easy points), take minimal notes, and briefly study for exams and they are good. Hopefully, they stop freaking out soon because its basically become a new running joke in my friend group.

• Like 1

As many of you know my wife is big in her charity work and she's gotten more involved so due to recent events.

I finally showed up to her drive at BH library with the best line:

giphy.gif

25% of the people (including my better half) cracked up and the others were like what?! F*cking old people.

• Like 1

Waco is actually extremely well made and well acted but uhhhhhhhh seems like a super sympathetic portrayal of a child abusing nutjob?? And also the stuff with Ruby Ridge and the protesters is right out of a comment thread on Breitbart. I'm not just being a liberal when I say this would be Timothy McVeigh's favorite show ever

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

Waco is actually extremely well made and well acted but uhhhhhhhh seems like a super sympathetic portrayal of a child abusing nutjob?? And also the stuff with Ruby Ridge and the protesters is right out of a comment thread on Breitbart. I'm not just being a liberal when I say this would be Timothy McVeigh's favorite show ever

Most of the reviews have talked about the extremely sympathetic portrayal.

I get the ATF and government deserved a shit ton of flak in terms of how the situation was handled, but I'm pretty sure Koresh was still a nutjob, folks.

• Like 1