Eric Atreides

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built l Lionsgate l February 2, 2018 l Helen Mirren, Jason Clarke

55 minutes ago, baumer said:

So looks like we have another horror film that is going to be underestimated by the populace here LOL.

Lionsgate dropped the theater count by 500 theaters. If that doesn't show a lack of confidence, I don't know what does.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not sure if this film will find its audience. It has the benefit of being largely removed from other horror films, but I personally have yet to see proper marketing for this. I usually see something, anything, when I browse the internet or stroll through the halls of the theaters browsing the posters. For this film, I don't remember coming across one thing by accident. I wanted to think this was going to do well, as it is the only new wide release coming out next weekend unless Oscar-film distributors are planning something I don't know about. But it can't do well if nobody knows about it. It gives horror fans the impression that they're better off waiting for Annihilation or Strangers: Prey at Night, or Hereditary, even.

• Like 1

I haven't watched the trailer but nice to see a movie about friendly ghosts for once judging by the title. I mean, helping the community and building houses I can only assume DIY SOS style for people that need them. Good job ghosts you guys get too much bad press.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 1/10/2018 at 4:33 PM, dudalb said:

She made the hallways and stairways as confusing as possible to foil the ghosts,

I mean since ghosts can go through walls...how will that confuse them.

Spoiler

I say, as I write this as though I've personally seen ghosts. 

14 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

Lionsgate reports this is opening in 2,300 theatres next week, Cut down from 2,700 theatres,

Lionsgate reports or BOM got the estimates wrong? 

Its had marketing here in the U.K, Mirren was on the biggest late night chat show last weekend (Graham Norton show)

47 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

I haven't watched the trailer but nice to see a movie about friendly ghosts for once judging by the title. I mean, helping the community and building houses I can only assume DIY SOS style for people that need them. Good job ghosts you guys get too much bad press.

Rank the friendly ghost movies.

1. Casper

2. Casper Meets Wendy

3. Casper: A Spirited Beginning

6 hours ago, RandomYojimbo said:

Well, She was bat shit insane.

If you mean Sarah Winchester,yeah, she was flat out crazy.

I sort of hope the film plays the ghosts ambigiously....you have to make up your mind if they are for real or they exist only in Sarah Winchester's mind.

Once again, I am bemused by people who don't realize that the basic story of Sarah Winchester and the house she built to foil the ghosts is true...an anybody who has visited the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose can tell you.

6 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

They were trying to raise property values in San Jose before the advent of Silicon Valley.....

3 hours ago, dudalb said:

If you mean Sarah Winchester,yeah, she was flat out crazy.

I sort of hope the film plays the ghosts ambigiously....you have to make up your mind if they are for real or they exist only in Sarah Winchester's mind.

Once again, I am bemused by people who don't realize that the basic story of Sarah Winchester and the house she built to foil the ghosts is true...an anybody who has visited the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose can tell you.

Judging by the trailers, I don't think we're getting that.