That One Girl

BlacKkKlansman | August 10th, 2018 | Spike Lee directing | Adam Driver, John David Washington

Probably best Spike Lee joint

Would be quite nuts if this get any close to Do the Right Thing arguably the best script ever, stake get so high without anyone having to do anything out of the normal at any point, does not require anyone fault for the situation to arrive and so on, not one good guy, not one villain in the movie just real people, that passed with brilliance the test of time. Probably some early reaction / Internet hyperbole.

That said, look like a lot of fun with energy.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Barnack said:

Would be quite nuts if this get any close to Do the Right Thing arguably the best script ever, stake get so high without anyone having to do anything out of the normal at any point, does not require anyone fault for the situation to arrive and so on, not one good guy, not one villain in the movie just real people, that passed with brilliance the test of time. Probably some early reaction / Internet hyperbole.

That said, look like a lot of fun with energy.

I know that woman you quoted, you're safe not taking her opinion too seriously.

Spike is a genius, I'm happy he's still giving an unfiltered viewpoint of the Black Perspective on film.   Love that Adam is in this as well.  Can't wait.  So Spike has directed Denzel in 4 movies and now he's directing his Son, cool.   Jordan is producing this too so maybe some Oscar Buzz as well.  

Spike Lee is the purest product of America.

Makes "art" & "policital" films for the coasts.

Directs Nike Commercials  to buy a penthouse on the 5th Avenue & a Permanent chair on the floor of the Garden.

Becomes filthy fucking rich thx a stupid law suit.

Edited by The Futurist

3 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

does anyone know if trailer views are decent for this type of a movie? I'm little worried it's coming out in August instead of taking festival route (TIFF) first. 

It premiered at Cannes yesterday (to raves) so it is taking the festival route.

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

does anyone know if trailer views are decent for this type of a movie? I'm little worried it's coming out in August instead of taking festival route (TIFF) first. 

It has 2.1 million views on youtube which is pretty good. 2.5 million views on facebook. It should be a hit. I'm guessing maybe a 20-25 OW. 

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

It has 2.1 million views on youtube which is pretty good. 2.5 million views on facebook. It should be a hit. I'm guessing maybe a 20-25 OW. 

Nice! 

It's also going to be one of those movies with rigged downvotes on RT's Audience Score and IMDB, right? :angry: