That One Girl

BlacKkKlansman | August 10th, 2018 | Spike Lee directing | Adam Driver, John David Washington

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

liked this a lot. definitely Spike's most commercial movie since inside man. toned his style down compared his last few movies (itsnotasgoodaschi-raqthoughsorry). mostly it's fun but packs a punch when it wants to.

do you think it's going to be a decent hit? and how was audience reaction?

Edited by Valonqar

50 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

do you think it's going to be a decent hit? and how was audience reaction?

i think so yeah if people aren't put off by the klanness of it i couldn't see why it'd have bad wom or anything. audience reaction was good lotta laughs especially at some of the topher grace scenes. also dude next to me was crying at the end it's got one of those just sit there quietly while the credits are going kinda endings.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i think so yeah if people aren't put off by the klanness of it i couldn't see why it'd have bad wom or anything. audience reaction was good lotta laughs especially at some of the topher grace scenes. also dude next to me was crying at the end it's got one of those just sit there quietly while the credits are going kinda endings.

Thank you! :)

21 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Could be the American Sniper for liberals and break out huge.

Well, the stories of both films ring true regardless of the political affiliations of their audiences, but I'm sure this will definitely be a successful film. I lean a little bit towards conservatism, but I think this film is important nonetheless, and I definitely want to see it in theaters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, filmlover said:

This is set to open at one of the local arthouse theaters on August 10 so I imagine it's getting a semi-wide (500 theaters or so) launch at the very least that weekend.

I think it’s going fully wide on the 10th. AMC’s trailer cards don’t say anything about limited, and the poster is even up at my theater

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

I think it’s going fully wide on the 10th. AMC’s trailer cards don’t say anything about limited, and the poster is even up at my theater

They might as well go for it; the only other wide releases on that date are Dog Days and The Meg, so it definitely has the space for it. This film is buzzy; they mustn't hold it back.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Slambros said:

They might as well go for it; the only other wide releases on that date are Dog Days and The Meg, so it definitely has the space for it. This film is buzzy; they mustn't hold it back.

yeah, if they don't want to continue festival buzz building (TIFF, Venice), they should do full release. There's enough buzz already, methinks. 

• Like 1

Might be Lee's first box office success in a while.

I am sure Spike will make some controversial statements,,probably about Cheeto Mussolini....to get free marketing for this film. Let's face it, the MAGA crowd won't be seeing this anyway.....