That One Girl

BlacKkKlansman | August 10th, 2018 | Spike Lee directing | Adam Driver, John David Washington

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Either it got pushed back or the 10th and 17th are limited. Hmmmmmmm

Pretty sure that's an overseas poster. The Universal logo is at the bottom (that isn't featured on the posters for Focus movies here).

• Like 2

This can be a sleeper hit in that late August slot like Wind River was... I'm sure of it. Many of the other late August films this year seem like they'll have limited appeal, so even if it's directly going up against more films than it would have, it's kind of got an audience to itself anyways and can just stand out from the crowd. Though if part of its audience is an audience that is hoping for a comedy, it might be bad news for The Happytime Murders in particular.

Edit: I might be wrong about this going wide on the 24th... @filmlover raised a very valid point.

Edited by Slambros

With this being as topical as it is and Peele's name on the poster and in the marketing, I think this could be way bigger than Wind River.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, filmlover said:

This is set to open at one of the local arthouse theaters on August 10 so I imagine it's getting a semi-wide (500 theaters or so) launch at the very least that weekend.

Yep, opening in 600 theaters that weekend.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/multiple-movies-kkk-are-works-1126044

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is it gonna be pooled by CinemaScore?

I can't wait to watch it!

It's in 1,500 theaters by the looks of it, so yeah its poll results will be public.  They claim any film in over 1,500 theaters gets results shown, and the others are polled privately.

• Like 1