CAYOM 3.0 Year 2 Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, cookie said:

It's actually one of my most anticipated of the first half of the year (along with @The Shape of Pasta's reworking of The Simulation) because I'm excited to see your first attempt at a big mythic action tentpole (plus Matt Reeves' Apes movies were both excellent).

That gives me some relief. When I'm done with the whole trilogy, I'm planning to combine them all together and release them as one big epic movie for a limited time run. Mostly for the fun of it but also to give audiences a chance to view it as one long story.

37 minutes ago, Xillix said:

God you're all going to hate me now aren't you?

Three months in and I've only given four positive reviews.

To be fair to yourself your output makes up a lot of the early year and most of us haven't brought our A-material yet.

Besides you liked my Spring movie so I'm all fine and dandy.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xillix said:

God you're all going to hate me now aren't you?

Three months in and I've only given four positive reviews.

I mean, by the end of February last year, I had already found at least 1/5th of my Top 25 films of the year in those two months alone. This year, I've only given one film a 7 or higher in the first two months. 

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

The edited/trimmed/revised version of Human Revolution is now live. Shorter by about a thousand words, I tweaked a couple things that Xillix was annoyed with, and added in a few additional short scenes giving a little depth.

7 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

I thought the first half of the year wasn't no longer open :winomg:

I posted it last night, asked if I could take a day or so to make some edits and trims, and I got an ok. You can't actually post new stuff.

It's the @cookie precedent from his Voltron snafu I guess.

Edited by 4815162342

26 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

The Island is basically finished and will be up tomorrow night. 

Also I am feeling this is gonna be another divisive film....why do I do this?!

At least it's coming from a place of passion and hard work. Which is a lot more than I can say for some directors out in Hollywood.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

Eh, fair enough. Can I still put it in 3D?

I mean that's the same issue isn't it though? 3D ticket prices are higher. Though granted considering how low 3D shares usually are it's probably not as big a deal. I guess I'm okay with it, as long as no one else objects?