CAYOM 3.0 Year 2 Discussion Thread

13 minutes ago, cookie said:

But did you do that well?:apocalypse: Time will tell when I start reviewing.

Without revealing too much, I was VERY carefully trying to depict the scene without nudity or focus on sex. It’s shot and edited to show it’s devastating impact.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spaghetti! said:

He probably meant the Ridley Scott movie in real life, haha

Oh duh haha

Yeah I don't think it will be. 

1. The race isn't an issue like with Ancient Egypt so there is no white washing.

2. The story sticks with the Bible pretty well and while yes it does bring some outside myth into the story of David. It isn't super controversial and will not turn away Christian audiences.

3. On the flip side, it isn't a preachy Sunday school story so it should easily attract people outside of the Jewish and Christian faith demo.

Just now, Hiccup23 said:

3. On the flip side, it isn't a preachy Sunday school story so it should easily attract people outside of the Jewish and Christian faith demo.

Neither was Exodus really. Ridley Scott is on record as being an atheist and has stated repeatedly that he tried to treat Exodus as a myth where the holy/religious elements were ambiguous or implied.

Anyway, thoughts from my big update:

@Hiccup23 Why in the unholy hell would you give William Brent Bell $90 million?

@Alpha I put your unfinished tentpoles in the first post even though you never sent me a list on time. You're welcome :P 

@Alpha I assumed you didn't want to release Sonic on a Saturday as the date in your post implied so I put it on July 20th. Let me know if I'm wrong.

@Alpha Don't count on getting much of an IMAX boost for Pyramids when Voltron 2 comes out in the format four days earlier. I doubt many screens will elect to show yours.

@Alpha Again (I'm just now realizing almost all of these are about you) - did you actually want to put out Lord of the Flies on Thursday, October 18th? I set it for Friday the 19th for now but let me know if I need to change it.

@ Just Pretty Much Everyone: I'd warn you again about the universal floppage of adult-oriented non-comedy animation but considering half of them are from @cookie and he's doing actuals this year...

3 minutes ago, Xillix said:

@ Just Pretty Much Everyone: I'd warn you again about the universal floppage of adult-oriented non-comedy animation but considering half of them are from @cookie and he's doing actuals this year...

I am counting on him setting a precedent. :redcapes:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Neither was Exodus really. Ridley Scott is on record as being an atheist and has stated repeatedly that he tried to treat Exodus as a myth where the holy/religious elements were ambiguous or implied.

@Alpha I put your unfinished tentpoles in the first post even though you never sent me a list on time. You're welcome :P 

@Alpha I assumed you didn't want to release Sonic on a Saturday as the date in your post implied so I put it on July 20th. Let me know if I'm wrong.

@Alpha Don't count on getting much of an IMAX boost for Pyramids when Voltron 2 comes out in the format four days earlier. I doubt many screens will elect to show yours.

@Alpha Again (I'm just now realizing almost all of these are about you) - did you actually want to put out Lord of the Flies on Thursday, October 18th? I set it for Friday the 19th for now but let me know if I need to change it.

Some of the dates were wrong, yeah. Sonic should be on July 20th and Lord of the Flies should be on June 15th (I originally released LOTF in October of Year 9 2.0).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Well lets not count our eggs until they are hatched. David isn't even up yet so it is injustice to start drawing comparisons. Also David isn't being treated as a myth. Holy and divine elements are very much present. By "Sunday school story" I mean this isn't like Son Of God. I didn't create a movie where it felt like the script writers just used the Bible as the script.

Rise of the Dead is a fairly big scale zombie film. Yes, I might change the director now that I am thinking about it but trust me...the 90M budget was needed for the visual effects. I think Rise of the Dead has a solid chance to do well over the summer especially overseas. No World War Z big but I think it can stand on its own. Reviews pending of course haha :) 

Agreed! Little Demons is stop motion animation so naturally it is more of an art film than big grossing film. If @cookie gives it a big box office gross (considering outside influences and reviews) I will be completely ok with it ;) I am just letting ya'll now my box office expectations aren't sky high for it. Frankenweenie/Corpse's Bride/Kubo numbers would make me happy. 

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Some of the dates were wrong, yeah. Sonic should be on July 20th and Lord of the Flies should be on June 15th (I originally released LOTF in October of Year 9 2.0).

If you do June 15th you can't do IMAX unless you specify it's like a very limited "select screens only" kinda deal (a la Only the Brave at the moment) since The Odyssey is already booked for that date. That okay?

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

If you do June 15th you can't do IMAX unless you specify it's like a very limited "select screens only" kinda deal (a la Only the Brave at the moment) since The Odyssey is already booked for that date. That okay?

I think I'm just gonna forgo an IMAX release since it's not really a tentpole.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

Just now, Hiccup23 said:

Well lets not count our eggs until they are hatched. David isn't even up yet so it is injustice to start drawing comparisons. Also David isn't being treated as a myth. Holy and divine elements are very much present. By "Sunday school story" I mean this isn't like Son Of God. I didn't create a movie where it felt like the script writers just used the Bible as the script.

I mean I'm not trying to make any box office judgement on it yet, heh. Though since you brought it up the fact Ridley is attached at all could turn off conservative Christians like with Exodus or Aronofsky's Noah regardless of the movie itself.

Just now, Xillix said:

I mean I'm not trying to make any box office judgement on it yet, heh. Though since you brought it up the fact Ridley is attached at all could turn off conservative Christians like with Exodus or Aronofsky's Noah regardless of the movie itself.

I trust my excellent marketing team will help convince them to turn out opening weekend ;) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xillix said:

In my defense I'm kind of entering uncharted territory since adult-oriented animation hasn't been done IRL on this scale before (and don't you fucking dare bring up that Final Fantasy movie).

Out of the stuff that worry me about Shadow Entities, Rita and Scavenger Wars respectively being drawn instead of filmed is low on each list.

20 minutes ago, Xillix said:

CAYOM has generally been pretty friendly to adult animation at the box office, so no worries from me.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

CAYOM has generally been pretty friendly to adult animation at the box office, so no worries from me.

If Year 1 showed us anything....This third reboot of CAYOM is the most realistic and critical version. Nothing is safe. 

Edited by Hiccup23
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hiccup23 said:

If Year 1 showed us anything....This third reboot of CAYOM is the most realistic and critical version. Nothing is safe. 

I mean that's how reboots are, all gritty and dark and realistic. It's the rules.

• Like 1