CAYOM 3.0 Year 2 Discussion Thread

So! Three weeks left to go! So far we have 52 completed films for Y2. Obviously three weeks is plenty of time to fill more up, but just as a point of reference here's some scheduling info:

Dates Which Still Need More Completed Movies

January 12th (MLK Weekend) - One movie complete, needs one more movie because of holiday

February 9th - No complete movies, two scheduled but incomplete

February 16th (President's Day Weekend) - One movie complete, two scheduled but incomplete, needs one more complete for holiday

February 23rd - One movie scheduled but incomplete

March 9th - One movie scheduled but incomplete

March 23rd - One movie complete but only limited release, one wide release scheduled but incomplete

March 30th (Easter Weekend) - One movie complete, needs one more movie because of holiday

April 6th - One movie scheduled but incomplete

May 4th - One movie scheduled but incomplete

May 25th (Memorial Day Weekend) - Two movies scheduled but incomplete, needs two movies for holiday

September 7th - One movie scheduled but incomplete

September 14th - Two movies scheduled but incomplete

October 26th - Two movies scheduled but incomplete

November 9th (Veterans Day Weekend) - One movie complete, may need one more for holiday but that's up for debate

November 16th - One limited and two wide releases scheduled, all incomplete

November 21st (Day Before Thanksgiving) - One limited and one wide release completed, one limited and one wide scheduled but incomplete, one more completed wide release needed for holiday

November 30th - One movie scheduled but incomplete

December 21st (Christmas Weekend) - One movie complete, one movie scheduled but incomplete, needs one more complete for holiday

Dates Which Have More Completed Films Than They Need

January 19th - January Gem and Timmy's Winter Vacation 2 (only 1 needed)

March 16th - Academy and Torrential (only 1 needed)

April 27th - The 120 Days of Sodom and Our City (only 1 needed, also that's some fucked-up counterprogramming)

May 11th - Skeleton Crew and The Witch of Blackbird Pond (only 1 needed)

July 13th - Damnation Alley and The Film (only 1 needed)

August 10th - 56 Days of Love and Pokémon: The Journey Begins (only 1 needed)
August 24th - After Party and The Maid (only 1 needed)

September 21st - Chaperones and The Terrible Plight of Freddy Zapper (only 1 needed)

September 28th - BlankPenny Press, and Ta2ed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills (only 1 needed)

October 12th - Isolation and The Screwtape Letters (only 1 needed)

If the schedule is not filled by the deadline, the first recourse will be to look for volunteers to move films off dates with more than enough releases onto ones that need them. After that, if the schedule still doesn't work, horrible, terrible, no-good spam fillers will be placed in the holes.

Additionally, while there are no requirements for IMAX scheduling to move ahead into Part II of the year, here's the current IMAX release schedule (including incomplete films that have reserved IMAX) in case anyone wants to consider adding a premium release to their films. For reference, in the real world nowadays anything from a 1 to 3 week run is considered normal. A 5-week run for War of the Gods could be reasonable since it's shot mostly in IMAX. 5-week runs for Torrential and F-Zero would be kind of weird. 

ReBoot (Y1 Holdover) / January 1st - February 15th (9-week run including December Y1)

Bionicle: Trials of the Toa / February 16th - March 1st (2-week run)
Super Mario Bros. / March 2nd - March 15th (2-week run)

Torrential / March 16th - April 19th (5-week run)
American Dragon: Jake Long / April 20th - May 3rd (2-week run)
Beyond Good & Evil / May 4th - May 17th (2-week run)
The Towering Inferno / May 18th - May 24th (1-week run)
The Aftermath / May 25th - June 14th (3-week run)
The Odyssey: The Spoils of War / June 15th - July 3rd (2-week and 5-day run)

Ultraman / July 4th - July 19th (2-week and 2-day run)
Sonic the Hedgehog / July 20th - August 2nd (2-week run)
War of the Gods / August 1st (Limited) / August 3rd (Wide) - September 6th (5-week run)
A Nightmare on Elm Street / September 7th - September 27th (3-week run)
Ta2ed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills / September 28th - October 4th (2-week run)
F-Zero / October 5th - November 8th (5-week run)
Storm Hunters / November 9th - November 15th (1-week run)
The Scavenger Wars / November 16th - December 6th (3-week run)
Pyramids / December 7th - December 20th (2-week run)
Voltron: Rise of Lotor / December 21st - ???? (Run length depends on Y3 schedule)

Pyramids is also scheduled for IMAX release on December 25th but that's maybe a bit of a snafu because - being realistic here - what theatre in their right minds would want to pull Voltron from their most expensive screen after four days of release? It might make sense if @cookie and @Alpha can negotiate and agree on some sort of shared, split screen count, or if one of them decided to cancel the IMAX bow of their film.

Edited by Xillix

I may be delaying Scavenger Wars to Y3 because I’m struggling to turn it into a cohesive whole. I think I’m trying too much at once and the elements don’t really go together like I want it to. Plus the current version suffers from ginourmus exposition dumps. :unsure: May need a ground-up rebuild.

Expect a bomb to drop on the same date if it does.

Edited by cookie

Truth Is will be up by the weekend....i know you are all dying to read it 😉

But honestly, I am editing it down a lot and I think the final product will be a more streamline and interesting film. I still think it will be pretty divided through like the first. I am actually pretty interested to see what y'all think. Third will still happen regardless of reviews and box office performance. I think the third film will be the most acclaimed and way way less controversial.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cookie said:

Would it be posting Last Jedi spoilers if I draw last minute inspiration from it for a certain sci-fi movie of mine?

I mean... I don't think so? If someone hasn't seen TLJ then presumably if they read your treatment they shouldn't be able to tell which part is the ripoff.

I mean homage.