grim22

Crazy Rich Asians | August 15 2018 | Jon M. Chu directing. Michelle Yeoh, Henry Golding, Gemma Chan, Constance Wu and Ken Jeong to star

I loved that trailer! And yeah, Constance is great as Rachel and doing more with the character vs. how she was written in the book. I want to see more Astrid though! They barely showed Gemma. Can’t wait to watch this on opening day. 

I was supposed to go to a screening for this tonight, but they changed the location and it is way farther from me now. I have stuff to do, so I can't go anymore. :(

Edited by YLF

11 minutes ago, Morieris said:

That can't be a genuine premiere, right? Four months in advance? 

It might be at CinemaCon, not unusual for a movie to be shown that far in advance, The Hitman's Bodyguard was shown in its entirety there last year.

Nah. I was supposed to go to this, but the location changed to DTLA and I was unwilling drive through rush hour traffic from where I live to downtown. 

It was screening of the movie, I don't think it was a premiere. A lot of people are commenting on it, im surprised there isnt any restrictions on saying anything about the movie. There usually is for these type of screenings. This one seems different since critics and journalist seem to have been invited, too.

http://deadline.com/2018/05/six-billion-dollar-man-shining-sequel-doctor-sleep-1202396965/

More immediately the studio’s highly anticipated summer title Crazy Rich Asians will now launch on Wednesday Aug. 15 instead of Friday Aug. 17 in what is a busy weekend with STXfilms Melissa McCarthy-Brian Henson comedy The Happytime Murders, Screen Gems’ Alpha, and Aviron’s Three Seconds. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

This trailer looks so boring. It looks like something white people would do, but decided to make it for Asians. That girl at the end of the trailer was trying to be black. This just looks bad. 

isn't that Awkwafina' whole schtick. I haven't seen Ocean'8 yet but in the promos it looked like she was doing that as well. 

I think the film looks good though.