That One Girl

Pet Sematary | April 5, 2019 | Paramount | Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer (Starry Eyes) to direct

On 4/5/2019 at 5:01 PM, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

3. Lol, the ED comparison makes no sense.

From BOP:

In terms of horror remakes, Pet Sematary opened right in line with 2013’s Evil Dead, which debuted with $25.7 million on its way to a $54.2 million total. Interestingly, both of those films received “C+” Cinemascores, suggesting Pet Sematary could finish in similar territory. That’s not a bad result when you consider its budget came in at a reported $21 million.

@The Horror of Lucas Films ;)

Edited by Brainbug

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

From BOP:

In terms of horror remakes, Pet Sematary opened right in line with 2013’s Evil Dead, which debuted with $25.7 million on its way to a $54.2 million total. Interestingly, both of those films received “C+” Cinemascores, suggesting Pet Sematary could finish in similar territory. That’s not a bad result when you consider its budget came in at a reported $21 million.

@The Horror of Lucas Films ;)

We we’re talking about presales/OW multiple, weren’t it? I don’t remember what was the subject, lol.

4 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

We we’re talking about presales/OW multiple, weren’t it? I don’t remember what was the subject, lol.

We talked just about comparisons for Pet Sematary and Evil Dead 13 was always a very good one for it. Remake of an older horror film/franchise, small built-in-fanbase, nearly exact same release date and mixed-positive reviews.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

We talked just about comparisons for Pet Sematary and Evil Dead 13 was always a very good one for it. Remake of an older horror film/franchise, small built-in-fanbase, nearly exact same release date and mixed-positive reviews.

Well, congrats to you then, I was absolutely wrong for thinking this movie would break out. :) 

:( really a shame to hear. Even if you didn't like the movie (I didn't) a shoutout should be given to the cat-actor in it. 

Not every human can act. Must be incredibly talented for an animal to be able to give a (pretty good admittedly) performance in a movie.