That One Girl

Pet Sematary | April 5, 2019 | Paramount | Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer (Starry Eyes) to direct

I agree that nobody should be expecting Pet Sematary to do 700mil worldwide but it could do fine if they pull it off. I thought the original was decent (like a 6.5/10) but it can be improved upon in my opinion. I do agree that a shot for shot remake would be unwise. Can't wait to see the casting for it.

3 hours ago, Valonqar said:

LOL if they think this will repeat IT success. IT has an iconic villain and likable cast of child characters. Pet Sematary is completely different and hard to pin point genre-wise. It isn't a real zombie story, it isn't a real supernatural story and the horror is really mostly internal (character fears, thoughts, etc especially Zelda parts of the book) rather than external. TV movie was garbage cause it focused on shitty effects (that fake dummy cat, lol) instead of a psychological part. 

There was a TV movie?

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

There was a TV movie?

I was going to ask that myself, but thought it may have been a shot at how bad they thought the movie was? :P or maybe they just thought it was a tv movie 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Yea, I definitely saw the movie in theatres.  And it was not a bad film at all.  

I definitely saw it in theaters too and liked it enough.  There were a few things I wish they kept from the book and it had an issue or two, I still liked it for what it was :)  

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

There was a TV movie?

maybe there was a movie but I saw the thing on TV and it had old TV production value quality (fake zombie cat and not a fake CGI cat but teddybear quality) so I assumed it was a TV movie. But maybe it was a movie. They ran it during the week leading up to Halloween. That and the sequel with a Fake Zombie Dog. 

2 hours ago, baumer said:

There was a TV movie?

It was a theatrical movie. I know, I went to see it. Pretty mediocre, not nearly as scary as the novel.

Someone who claims to be such a big fan of the Horror genre should have known that.

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

It was a theatrical movie. I know, I went to see it. Pretty mediocre, not nearly as scary as the novel.

Someone who claims to be such a big fan of the Horror genre should have known that.

I saw it in theatres too. Were you directing that statement towards me?

11 hours ago, Krissykins said:

This won’t make IT’s opening weekend as it’s total.

Brand recognition is not the same.

This film is not known here in the U.K. whereas my whole generation was terrified by the tv version of IT when we were younger. 

It doesn't have to pull in IT numbers to be a hit. And nobody is expecting it to.