That One Girl

Pet Sematary | April 5, 2019 | Paramount | Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer (Starry Eyes) to direct

http://deadline.com/2018/05/rocketman-elton-john-biopic-movie-release-transformers-7-undated-1202396997/

The reboot of Stephen King’s Pet Sematary is going earlier on April 5 next year, versus the original date of April 19. The pic will be up against New Line/DC’s Shazam! and Sony’s Tom Hanks pic Greyhound.

Hope this is a good one.  The original is pretty creepy and it has a terrific performance from Fred Gwynne.  I don't see Lithgow being nearly as charismatic.

Lithgow is a terrific actor, one of the best really and a true broadway legend (and yes I am a huge theater fan and have travelled to New York many times and watched tens of theater plays, haven’t seen him unfortunately) among other things. He will be amazing.

Other than that I  don’t care about this, the original was good enough and nothing can touch the Bobby story that the last act of pet cemetery is based on. Just watch “dead of night” and you are set, Bobby is one of the scariest things I have ever watched.

Edited by Thrylos 7

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

The first Pet Sematary movie wasn't exactly a classic, so this new movie should be fine.

Let the Stephen King Renaissance continue!

Yep. I like the film a lot but I can admit that it's super flawed and that the source material could be adapted into a better film overall. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2018 at 8:55 PM, Thrylos 7 said:

The book was one of king’s weakest early efforts, at a time when he was firing on all cylinders with classic after classic.

Disagree completely.

They should do a scary salem’s Lot film, has more in common with IT, with the big monster in small town theme , and needs an AAA movie adoption . The 1980 tv film is very good but it can be done better (the more recent tv mini series was an abomination so it doesn’t count)