That One Girl

Pet Sematary | April 5, 2019 | Paramount | Kevin Kolsch and Dennis Widmyer (Starry Eyes) to direct

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3505707/gage-creed-ellie-creed-cast-pet-sematary-remake/

EW brings us the latest casting news today, reporting that Jeté Laurence will play Ellie Creed, a sweet and sensitive young girl who adores her cat Winston Churchill, or “Church” for short, and wins over the heart of the old-timer who lives next door (played by John Lithgow.)

Three-year-old twins Hugo Lavoie and Lucas Lavoie will play Gage, her toddler little brother — who is prone to wandering into trouble.

In the 1989 film, Miko Hughes played Gage, with Blaze Berdahl as Ellie. Jason Clarke and Amy Seimetz are our new Louis and Rachel Creed, with John Lithgow as Jud Crandall.

Pet Sematary hits theaters on April 5th, 2019.

Edited by movies!movies!
  • Thanks 1

Official synopsis:

“Based on the seminal horror novel by Stephen King, Pet Sematary follows Dr. Louis Creed (Clarke), who, after relocating with his wife Rachel (Seimetz) and their two young children from Boston to rural Maine, discovers a mysterious burial ground hidden deep in the woods near the family’s new home. When tragedy strikes, Louis turns to his unusual neighbor, Jud Crandall (Lithgow), setting off a perilous chain reaction that unleashes an unfathomable evil with horrific consequences.”

• Like 1

Just finished reading the book for the first time in about a decade.  IMHO, it's good but not one of King's best.  I thought the movie was better than the book.  What made the film so great is that Fred Gwynne really brought the character Jud, to life.  I hope Lithgow finds a way to do the same,

• Like 1

Renaissance in terms of King adaptations. I’m sure a chart visualizing the number of projects based on his work would have a steep incline the last 12 months. Can’t pinpoint a reason but the results have been uneven. Willing to give this a chance because...IT.  In terms of projects which haven’t started, I am hoping Amazon will forget The Dark Tower movie happened and start afresh with a miniseries. Then there is The Stand. Make it happen - PLEASE!!!

I've always heard from here and other movie message boards that filmmakers should try to remake movies that didn't work the first time. The original was not a critical hit and, while scary, is nowhere near the nightmare inducer as the book was. I'm interested in seeing how this goes.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, Dr Loomis baumer said:

Just finished reading the book for the first time in about a decade.  IMHO, it's good but not one of King's best.  I thought the movie was better than the book.  What made the film so great is that Fred Gwynne really brought the character Jud, to life.  I hope Lithgow finds a way to do the same,

I agree. It's a good read, but not one of King's best. I think it's too long, and would have been better if King had tightened it a lot.  it's a good example of the l bloat that is one of King's weaknesses as a writer. Frankly, King needs a editor who can tell him when something is overlong, and since ...in the mid 80's..Stephan King became STEPHAN KING ..his editors have become glorified proofreaders.

53 minutes ago, Ithil said:

I gotta say I would not be eager to use that particular pet cemetery.

"But what if Superman comes back in a Pet Seminary kind of way"

That comment  by the Flash one of the few good bits in "JUstice League".

• Like 1

Just becxause "It" was a huge hit does not mean that you can film a Stephan King novel and automatically have a big hit. "It" was the first film of a King novel to make big bucks in a long time. It might well be a isolates success rather then a trend.

'It' was a hit because it was exceptionally well done; ""Pet Semitary" is unknown quanity as far as quality goes. If it's badly done, it won't be a big hit.

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Just becxause "It" was a huge hit does not mean that you can film a Stephan King novel and automatically have a big hit. "It" was the first film of a King novel to make big bucks in a long time. It might well be a isolates success rather then a trend.

'It' was a hit because it was exceptionally well done; ""Pet Semitary" is unknown quanity as far as quality goes. If it's badly done, it won't be a big hit.

Unless the budget is astronomical for a horror film I don't think that it has to make IT money. If it's not unwatchable I think it could do okay.