aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

6 minutes ago, raegr said:

I have this really really strange feeling, in the worst case scenario that JL will make Flash do a fart or poop joke and if that happens I'm blaming the balding guy!

Yeah, because Whedon is known for puerile scatological humor... ^_^  He's not James Gunn 

I really liked GOTG2 more than GOTG1 (which I found miss more than hit in the humor dept) - but damn that never ending turd joke.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, raegr said:

I have this really really strange feeling, in the worst case scenario that JL will make Flash do a fart or poop joke and if that happens I'm blaming the balding guy!

What does Mr Pink have to do with any of this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

All humor is subjective ... well all art is but maybe especially humor. 

I've disliked or out right hated most of the popular comedies of the last few years like the Jump Streets and Spy.

My favorite two of the last couple years were Hunt For The Wilderpeople and What We Do In The Shadows so I assume the humor in this will hit the mark for me.

I didn’t laugh once at Spy. I still don’t see how it received the reviews it did. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

45 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

yeah they must’ve sucked pirating them in 240p quality.  imagine watching a film as visually breathtaking as Blade Runner or Valerian on that.  yikes

Um they still sucked

I just saved 40 bucks 

• Disbelief 1

Just now, TalismanRing said:

All humor is subjective ... well all art is but maybe especially humor. 

I've disliked or out right hated most of the popular comedies of the last few years like the Jump Streets and Spy.

My favorite two of the last couple years were Hunt For The Wilderpeople and What We Do In The Shadows so I assume the humor in this will hit the mark for me.

FTR I thought it was decent if behind GOTG2 and HC, both which I thought were pretty good. 1st act has some obvious post production tinkering and I didn’t feel much for characters that do eat it (unlike GOTG2) but I giggled enough many times with the Anglo influence on the comedy at times a nice MCU differential plus I enjoyed the Kirby/1980s influenced world building and first MCU non-compilation soundtrack I actually liked beyond one cue.

Cate and Goldblum are great fun, even if their villain characters are a step back from Ego and Vulture in terms of the writing, unfortunately. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Spy is pretty hilarious.

It's fucking horrendous

It's makes Ghstbusters look like a masterpiece in comparison and that was an unscripted mess that mostly left it's cast floundering like they were 33 minutes into a 3 minute SNL sketch that would not end and had no point.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 2

22 minutes ago, RRA said:

You know I actually enjoyed that one as the long lost 1970s era young Kurt Russell Disney programmer. #Justice4Creech

also XXX3 was fun and a better “Fast & Furious” movie than FATE OF THE FURIOUS. Come at me Bro. 

Yeah I have a fondness for those Russell films myself

3 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Spy received those reviews because it's a great comedy.

Anyway, that's a great number, I was thinking 42mil.

Jason Statham took a chance taking the complete piss out of his action movie persona and CRUSHED it. 

• Like 7