aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

21 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Never forget how swapping a face can make your wife not immediately recognize it happened even though her husband is now 3 inches shorter and 30 pounds lighter.

Even some other parts of the body might be off by an inch or two.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

And here we go.

Not surprisingly, the numbers are going up.

Variety says $45m/$115m for Thor.

$23m 5D for Bad Moms 2.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/thor-ragnarok-box-office-opening-weekend-1202606693/

Now that makes far more sense. Thats close to SS multi. I am still hoping the numbers go up further but 45/115 would be great in itself

• Like 1

For me Ultron is one of the most underrated Marvel movies. It's got some really good moments anyway.

23 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

On the one hand, same, but on the other, his work is such high quality I don't want him to compromise it by working more.

(Also, I think he's slowed down his output so he can spend more time with his family, which is a good thing IMO.)

I'll say I think Face / Off isn't one of his better scores, since it was so earlier on in his career. Also we have Han Solo to look forward to at least. Hopefully he knocks that score out of the park. 

Also I'm off to see Ragnarok soon.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

I do like me the comic book films and such.  But man I wish someone made a movie like Face/Off these days.   Thing is it would likely be a bomb today.  But it's so batshit crazy

Edited by DAR
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Now that makes far more sense. Thats close to SS multi. I am still hoping the numbers go up further but 45/115 would be great in itself

Closer to SM's.  SS multi was nearer to 6.5.   It was summer and it had it had that free ticket promo for Thur night only.

Still, SM was summer.  Even GOTG2 - a sequel with a much bigger preview number had a higher preview to w/e multi than GOTG 1.   8.61 v 8.4

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Closer to SM's.  SS multi was nearer to 6.5.   It was summer and it had it had that free ticket promo for Thur night only.

Still, SM was summer.  Even GOTG2 - a sequel with a much bigger preview number had a higher preview to w/e multi than GOTG 1.   8.61 v 8.4

I meant the preview to OD multi of SS not the preview to OW one. SS had preview to OD multi of 3.16. With the same multi Thor does 46m OD. 45 million OD, as Variety is saying, gives Thor a preview to OD multi of 3.1 which is very close to SS. SMH preview to OD multi will give Thor a 48 million OD

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

I do like me the comic book films and such.  But man I wish someone made a movie like Face/Off these days.   Thing is it would likely be a bomb today.  But it's so batshit crazy

I think it would still do well. Movies like that can still be very successful at the BO.

Just now, ZeeSoh said:

I meant the preview to OD multi of SS not the preview to OW one. SS had preview to OD multi of 3.16. With the same multi Thor does 46m OD. 45 million OD, as Variety is saying, gives Thor a preview to OD multi of 3.1 which is very close to SS. SMH preview to OD multi will give Thor a 48 million OD

SS's previews were front loaded because of the free ticket promo usable only on Thur.  And it was summer - so no school on Friday,

The appeal of Face/Off was also that it was an acting exercise of the kind basically never seen in an action movie, with two genuine movie stars unafraid to go big. We don't really have anyone quite like that today. I'm sure Tom Hardy and Michael Shannon would nail the (over)acting part just as well but they wouldn't get general audiences in seats just by themselves.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

The appeal of Face/Off was also that it was an acting exercise of the kind basically never seen in an action movie, with two genuine movie stars unafraid to go big. We don't really have anyone quite like that today. I'm sure Tom Hardy and Michael Shannon would nail the (over)acting part just as well but they wouldn't get general audiences in seats just by themselves.

A 2017 Face/Off would probably be The Rock and Kevin Hart tbh