aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

30 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

104M is the initial estimate. I was telling you guys that those 120+ predictions were too high. The movie had to overcome Thor's perception, among the MCU fan base, as the weakest (and non-Russo) franchise.

Also, JL looming so close, is also going to lower the ceiling on the OW. Two blockbusters of the same genre so close to each other can have a gravitational effect. Considering these circumstances, anything over 100M has to be considered a victory. 

I said 100-110, and that high 90's wouldn't surprise me. 

Unless this is really really front loaded, I don't see it missing 100M ... originally I had it at 125M .

Although it will probably lbe around $115 at this point if the OD is in that range.

Edited by Subzero
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Had it pegged for $110-$115M myself, which is still quite a jump from Thor: The Dark World's $85M 3-day.

And... I really think Justice League will just barely crack $100M in its 3-day. If that. 

With the new Estimate 47-49 then 120M+ is on the table.

You must be joking about JL cracking 100M LMAO ...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

With $ 47M it could do $ 120M

With $ 49M, even $ 130M is not impossible

Finally a Marvel movie which is not overestimate by tracking

This has to be one of the most pervasive misconception on this board. Despite evidence people keep repeating this as fact!

Of the 7 MCU movies that I have 3 week tracking numbers for only 1 was overestimated (gotg2) while 3 were in range and 3 were underestimated!

Heck even the tracking 2-3 days before release when everyone seems to have been hyped to high heavens only 3 out of 7 were overestimated. 

And if this opens to 110m plus then this too would have been underestimated by 3 week tracking. Thats a whole whopping 1 overestimation from 8. 

• Like 3