aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

Just now, Chewy said:

Everyone screaming about how it ruined their childhood in unison, woah!

Nope. The sounds of laughter and I’d see it by the audience. Panther got a few murmurs but Jumanji got the most response.

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

the trailer that got the most response at my showing was New Mutants.  by most response, I mean a few people leaned over and whispered to the person next to them.

My cracker Thursday night East Tennessee crowd didn't know what to think of the BLACK PANTHER trailer. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, YourMother said:

No response for Jedi, PRU, Maze Runner, Justice League or New Mutants, which was strange.

A friend of mine (who don't give a crap about comics) thought NM looked like "X-Men's STRANGER THINGS." 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Oh sorry, i want to say the Marvel sequels

Ultron, CW and GOTG2 have overestimate tracking numbers on the week of release, if i remember well [Ultron was 200M, CW was 190-200M and Guardians was $160M]

So Ragnarok with the $ 100 - 120M tracking could be the first in the recently Marvel sequels to surpass the high-end expected

But my memory is not the best, so maybe i'm wrong

For Marvel sequels CA2, Thor 2, IM3 and GV2 were all underestimated. Even IM2 was underestimated in 3 week tracking (over in week of release). 

Only CW and AoU went over in week of release tracking. So no most Marvel sequels like most Marvel movies are also not overestimated by tracking

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

How about waiting until you see the movie to judge that

I’m just saying even in that terrible Naomi Watts movie where he was paralyzed I personally saw Johnathan. 

Edited by Rman823

16 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Not really 

I know but I only reported what the guy said in response to what he saw. Same way one kid yelled out one word from RAGNAROK which made people crack up. 

3 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

I’m just saying even in that terrible Naomi Watts movie where he was paralyzed I personally saw Johnathan. 

Oh SHUT IN, my co-pick for worst movie of 2016 (with MAX STEEL) and featuring one of the more insultingly dumb plot twists I've ever seen. 

1 hour ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Had it pegged for $110-$115M myself, which is still quite a jump from Thor: The Dark World's $85M 3-day.

And... I really think Justice League will just barely crack $100M in its 3-day. If that. 

llama-stare-gif.gif

tenor.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

$300M/$800M  for comic book movies is seen as a failure by some folks..  

Considering the thread we both visit frequently, this sounds accurate. 

Can it reach 300 stateside in spite of JL? 

2 minutes ago, RRA said:

Considering the thread we both visit frequently, this sounds accurate. 

Can it reach 300 stateside in spite of JL? 

Depends on OW size and legs.

• Like 1