aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Yeah, it is a shame this was a Netflix movie in America, but I guess it would make zero money in theaters. Americans don't watch these movies anymore. I liked to see it in theaters.

Yeah it’s obviously would have bombed here which is a damn shame.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

Yeah, it is a shame this was a Netflix movie in America, but I guess it would make zero money in theaters. Americans don't watch these movies anymore. I liked to see it in theaters.

Wasnt that a Netflix movie everywhere? I saw it in the UK.

1 hour ago, That One Guy said:

I always try to keep an ignore list but eventually I give in and unignore everyone and idk why.  i need to commit.  @Goffe help me out here.

this thread is a good opportunity to batch ignore people. lots of weird stuff and bad takes. when i feel like i’m reading too much nonsense i always go to the justice league or fanwars thread to update my ignore list. it works like a charm.

Edited by Goffe
fucking typos
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Goffe said:

this thread is a good opportunity to batch ignore people. lots of weird stuff and bad takes. when i feel like i’m reading too much nonsense i always go to the justice league or fanwars thread to update my ignore list. it works like a charm.

You can't ignore me anymore, Goffe.

evil_laugh.gif

1 minute ago, UNDERDOG said:

Ooh boy, haven't been on this site for awhile.

Proceeds to check the last 10 pages to catch up

giphy.gif

Best not. We all messed up but we won't derail the thread again. How was your week?

29 minutes ago, aabattery said:

You can't ignore me anymore, Goffe.

evil_laugh.gif

i have already made peace with it, aa.

nothing i can do about it, until, of course, your eventual screw-up and expulsion of the mod team. 

Edited by Goffe
  • Astonished 1

22 hours ago, grim22 said:

Not a fan of tv series but this might actually be a good Idea. Hopefuly it will be like the books — that is instead of having aragons storyline overlapping frodos storyline their respective storyline will be focus of each episode.

like this:

episode 1 2 3 & 4 will deal with the fellowship.

episode 5 & 7 deal with aragons journey in rohan and episode 7 focus on the battle of helms deep

episode 6 is about merry and pippi

episode 8 focus on frodo and sam.

episode 9 & 10 focus on Aragon and the battle of minas tirith

episode 11 focus on the destruction of the ring and the battle at the black Gates. 

Episode 12 focus on frodo and sams Journey back home and the saruman conflict.

1 minute ago, Amadeus said:

Not a fan of tv series but this might actually be a good Idea. Hopefuly it will be like the books — that is instead of having aragons storyline overlapping frodos storyline their respective storyline will be focus of each episode.

like this:

episode 1 2 3 & 4 will deal with the fellowship.

episode 5 & 7 deal with aragons journey in rohan and episode 7 focus on the battle of helms deep

episode 6 is about merry and pippi

episode 8 focus on frodo and sam.

episode 9 & 10 focus on Aragon and the battle of minas tirith

episode 11 focus on the destruction of the ring and the battle at the black Gates. 

Episode 12 focus on frodo and sams Journey back home and the saruman conflict.

I really doubt they would only do one season.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I really doubt they would only do one season.

My point is just that i Dont really like that frodos and aragons storylines are mixed in the films. I would much rather see the battle of helms deep not being interrupted by scenes wherein trees are talking to eachother.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Holding better than every other MCU movie in NZ.

Very much doubt that'll act like that in the USA though.

Taika's powah. It is immense.

Tbh, I actually kinda hope that James Gunn gives up his Guardians 3 spot to Taika. Gunn has done a good job with the Guardians movies, but Taika is PERFECT for GOTG. Hell, Ragnarok was very reminiscent of Guardians (albeit not a direct rip-off like some people thought it was going to be, at least in tone).

• Like 1