aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Taika's powah. It is immense.

Tbh, I actually kinda hope that James Gunn gives up his Guardians 3 spot to Taika. Gunn has done a good job with the Guardians movies, but Taika is PERFECT for GOTG. Hell, Ragnarok was very reminiscent of Guardians (albeit not a direct rip-off like some people thought it was going to be, at least in tone).

Nah. I like Gunn on Guardians.

Doubt Taika would want to, anyway. He seems pretty happy sticking around with the Thor people.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Nah. I like Gunn on Guardians.

Doubt Taika would want to, anyway. He seems pretty happy sticking around with the Thor people.

I like Gunn on Guardians too, but in all honesty I would like to see some other blood try to build on his foundation. And I think Taika has the perfect sensibilities for a Guardians movie.

Although yes, if he keeps around Thor, that's great too. But I don't see a Thor 4 happening anytime soon if at all, though..... but I also don't see Marvel dropping Taika anytime soon either, nor should they. Right now, if anything, I could see Feige greenlighting a Doctor Strange 2 with Thor in it and have Taika direct it. It would be a better choice than Scott Derrickson again, that's for sure.

• Like 1

Hot take:

Ragnarok and WW are both good but overrated.

Guardians 2 and Homecoming are good but underrated.

Logan is good and accurately rated.

Overall, this is just good year for funny book movies.

Even better than 2014.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Hot take:

Ragnarok and WW are both good but overrated.

Guardians 2 and Homecoming are good but underrated.

Logan is good and accurately rated.

Overall, this is just good year for funny book movies.

Even better than 2014.

Haven’t seen Thor yet

For as praised as Wonder Woman is I still think it’s underrated.

GOTG2 is underrated

Homecoming and Logan are both accurate.

Probably the best year for CBMs ever

• Thanks 2

Logan is a Masterpiece.

Thor: Ragnarok is maybe the most fun comic book movie since TA1.

Spider-Man was good, but a bit forgettable.

Wonder Woman was entertaining but is highly overrated.

GotG2 was good, but never reached the heights of the first one.

Lego Batman was one of the better spoof movies of this decade, but the 3rd act let me down a bit.

All according to my personal opinion ofc. This year might be the best for this genre; no movie was outright bad. Hopefully JL continues that trend.

Edited by Brainbug

WW deserves a nom for best picture.

the new spider man is the right spider man.

logan sleeps, poops, and eats just like he should.

thor kept his shakespearean witty moves while becoming more serious. 

All of those are top 15 super hero movies. Aces

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Steele131 said:

Haven’t seen Thor yet

For as praised as Wonder Woman is I still think it’s underrated.

GOTG2 is underrated

Homecoming and Logan are both accurate.

Probably the best year for CBMs ever

This is definitely the best year for superhero films, never mind what happens with Justice League and removing my attachment to those characters completely, we never had a year like this one before. It's just insane. Our "absolute bliss" problems is that this year my "Top superheroes list" got completely screwed up, whatever I say about "what's my favorite film" is bollocks because the truth is that I don't think I can actually rank Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man: Homecoming and Thor: Ragnarok.

What I can say is this:

Guardians Vol. 2 and 1 are the two films in the superhero genre that hit me the most in a personal level, more than anything else ever.

Wonder Woman is a masterpiece and the right film at the right time. I don't think a superhero film has made me more proud than this one. 

Spider-Man: Homecoming is the best Spider-Man film ever made and while I see Spider-Man 2 tied with it, it's a Spider-Man for a new generation, it's a Spider-Man that is more true to the Spider-Man that I know since I was a kid and it makes me at the same time happy as fuck and feeling old as fuck.

Thor: Ragnarok is an absolute joy and made me actually a hardcore Thor fan, just like Iron Man and Captain America: The Winter Soldier made me a hardcore fan of those characters. I already was a hardcore Hulk fan, but I don't think we ever had a Hulk as much fleshed out as we got here, it makes me excited as fuck for the future and proves that all bets are off when it comes to Marvel Studios future of these characters. They aren't afraid of hard calls and stakes and holy fuck I fucking love ALL the villains from Marvel Studios since Civil War's Zemo.

I can't rank these films. That's the truth. I just can't. They are way too important for me to even try that. I love Logan, I love what Jackman did as a love letter to Wolverine and even though it's my least favorite film, EVERYTHING ELSE is literally tied. That's my "problem" with superhero films this year. I love them all, I don't know what is better and most of all, I don't care what's better because all of them are important to me for different reasons. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RRA said:

Random Trivia: MCU now $5 billion at domestic box office earnings. 

12 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Will hit 13 billion worldwide this weekend too

I still remember the articles saying Marvel would fail because all their superheroes are B and C list. They’d never be as big as Batman, Superman, and the Xmen.

One article said they’d run out of steam before the first Avengers movie (if it ever got made).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Haven’t seen GOTG2.

Havent seen SMH

WW and LOGAN were both good. 

Haven't seen RAGNAROK

Hmm, there's something about these three movies you avoided that are connected.

Maybe CJohn Understands.

• Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1