Impact

2012-Best Actress thread!

I just got out of Amour. Put me down in the Riva camp as well. She is out early brilliant in this. I think she has a real shot to win.

I'm sure she's very strong and possibly deserving, but if we're talking about precursor support she is easily weaker than the two frontrunners. I'm sure she's just happy to be nominated.

I'm sure she's very strong and possibly deserving, but if we're talking about precursor support she is easily weaker than the two frontrunners. I'm sure she's just happy to be nominated.

Sure it is an uphill battle but Riva has momentum on her side. Chastain's not winning, they don't award bitchy characters and they didn't like the movie as much as we thought. It'll be Lawrence vs. Riva for the Oscar. If Riva wins BAFTA I think she wins the Oscar. What Riva has going for her is that her film isn't nearly near as widely seen as anyone else's. Amour's suddenly the big must see movie right now so she'll enjoy a big boost of support between noms and voting. The fact that she gives my many accounts the best performance doesn't hurt her either. And awarding Riva isn't an absolutely non-academy thing to do. As mentionedthey've awarded people like Tandy.

I have nothing against Riva and I am sure she s great in Amour and Riva winning would be probably deserved.My beef is with Hanneke for very specific reasons.He is an insuferable european know it all intellectual of the worst kind and he s one of the few person in the world I loathe with passion.His rhetorics on violence are the most retarted I have heard ( Funny Games is just stupid beyond belief) and I d love to see Tarantino destroy him in a public debate about the violence subject matter.Again, Riva has my respect even if I don't much about her.THe only good thing about AMour is that it s one of Hanneke's last film.

It was actually my first thought at seeing her nomination yesterday but I bit my tongue at fear of ric assault. Turns out, it's his #1 strategic advantage.

It's morbid and sad but I have to accept that it's a legitimate concern.