Premium George

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS| THOR- $6.15M (DOWN 44% FROM TUE)| BAD MOMS 2- $1.61M

I feel like a 60M 2nd weekend is off the table but Thor should still have a good hold.

P.S. : So i just finished watching a certain blockbuster but i can't talk about it because its thread is closed...

Edit :should have clarified that i will share impressions right before embargo lifts.

Edited by TheDarkKnightOfSteel
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I feel like a 60M 2nd weekend is off the table but Thor should still have a good hold.

P.S. : So i just finished watching a certain blockbuster but i can't talk about it because its thread is closed...

How was The Star

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Thor is not going to jump to jump to 8 million on Thursday lol. If anything it might go to seven million but even that is up in the air. Well this drop looks kind of bad it's still only about six or seven percent higher than I thought it would be

Thor better hope it stays at 6mil

If it had the same OW/1stWednesday ratio as Thor 2, the number would have been $5.1M instead of $6.1M. A big Tuesday bump followed by a big Wednesday drop really doesn't tell us much other than that Tuesday was inflated. I'd wait for the weekend numbers before jumping to any conclusions.

• Like 3

Google trends not great for absolutes but the weekly pattern is very helpful. If today spikes higher than yesterday starting this evening and trends up later into the night then virtally 100% it will rise Thursday and shows people off tomorrow staying out later at the theater.  The magnitude helps but hard to translate to numbers. 

8 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

If i said it would possibly have a 2.2 multiplier i dont recall that. I think i said it would do just over 300. 

I will admit...

This probably won't be an Amazing Spider-man situation where we all point and laugh at you. 

If Ragnorok settles at 310-320, mostly everyone's multiplier prediction will be reasonably close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking at 2006 when Veteran's Day was also on Sat and Thu showed bumps, I think the range is 49-56 for the 2nd weekend (54-60% drop):

Thu 7 (+15%)

Fri 17.5 (+150%)

Sat 20.1 (+15%)

Sun 12.1 (-40%)

= 49.7 2nd weekend  (-59.5%)

Thu 7.3 (+20%)

Fri 19 (+160%)

Sat 22.8 (+20%)

Sun 14.8 (-35%)

= 55.6 2nd weekend (-54.7%)

Edit: Thor2 dropped 57% in the 2nd weekend so 54-60% for Thor3 is basically +/-3% Thor2's drop.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Harder drop than DS. And I see we are on the doom and gloom part of the cycle. Will it be back to good tomorrow?

24 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

Btw....disappointed i didn't get to meet you on my LA trip. 

Sorry bud. Schedule's been crazy the past couple months. Hit me up next time you're here and we'll get a drink :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

In context this made only 2M last Thursday on it's 2nd day out.  In context of a weak start it is holding well

That is actually a shockingly good hold. For film that jumped around 60% yesterday to only fall 27% if my math is correct? That's pretty good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Checking out Bad Moms 2, Surfer on the orient express, and DH2 tomorrow! Moviepass is awesome 

that sounds interesting.  Is it the YA version with the main person being from Cali? ;) 

Edited by 75Live

15 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Looking at 2006 when Veteran's Day was also on Sat

Santa Clause 3 (which opened on the 3rd) had an interesting roller coaster ride that week. Down 81% on Monday then up  60% on Tuesday, down 54% Wednesday, then up 70% on Thursday followed by a whopping  322% Friday increase.  Of course that movie skewed  way more family/kid than Thor 3, but the point is this Wednesday isn't determining any final total for Thor3. The doom talk in this thread is premature.