Jump to content
Premium George

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS| THOR- $6.15M (DOWN 44% FROM TUE)| BAD MOMS 2- $1.61M

Recommended Posts

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

 

Now, that's a bad hold...which Movietickets.com seemed to predict was coming...for those who have said since Friday $300M is a lock, this has got to put a little doubt in that faith...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KJsooner said:

Under 50 million confirmed 2nd weekend.

It's still a 3 day holiday and Dr Strange only dropped 49.5%...even if it's wildly more frontloaded, the holiday should mitigate some normal weekend drop...I mean under $50M is a full 60% drop on a holiday weekend...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Now, that's a bad hold...which Movietickets.com seemed to predict was coming...for those who have said since Friday $300M is a lock, this has got to put a little doubt in that faith...

I think it's due to a younger mix than Strange, honestly. Trolls dropped 67.3% first Tuesday to Wednesday.  Strange dropped 33.9%.  Of course this is not nearly as young a mix as Trolls but I'm not surprised at all bigger drop than Strange given a few markets where kids were off yesterday (as you noted).  Will have to see how the weekend goes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Election day is a pseudo holiday, so a drop over 40% isn't that surprising. 

 

Bad Moms is probably going to see a drop over 50%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tuesday boost was extraordinary and so this is not bad. Better to look at Monday to Wednesday drop. With Veteran's day coming up its friday increase would be huge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rumpot said:

I think it's due to a younger mix than Strange, honestly. Trolls dropped 67.3% first Tuesday to Wednesday.  Strange dropped 33.9%.  Of course this is not nearly as young a mix as Trolls but I'm not surprised at all bigger drop than Strange given a few markets where kids were off yesterday (as you noted).  Will have to see how the weekend goes

See, between the large Monday and now Wednesday drop, I see Tuesday as the outlier "OW fans who are too cheap to pay full price" date...I don't see evidence of real family play yet, at least not larger than normal superhero family play (vs say Spidey's and WW's family play this summer)...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TwoMisfits said:

See, between the large Monday and now Wednesday drop, I see Tuesday as the outlier "OW fans who are too cheap to pay full price" date...I don't see evidence of real family play yet, at least not larger than normal superhero family play (vs say Spidey's and WW's family play this summer)...

 

Election Day was yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, between the large Monday and now Wednesday drop, I see Tuesday as the outlier "OW fans who are too cheap to pay full price" date...I don't see evidence of real family play yet, at least not larger than normal superhero family play (vs say Spidey's and WW's family play this summer)...

 

 

I am not a huge fan but I did it see it on discount tuesday for $6. Otherwise have to pay like $13(this is for digital 2D). I think it will be the norm going forward. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

See, between the large Monday and now Wednesday drop, I see Tuesday as the outlier "OW fans who are too cheap to pay full price" date...I don't see evidence of real family play yet, at least not larger than normal superhero family play (vs say Spidey's and WW's family play this summer)...

 

To be fair both Spider-Man and WW were in the Summer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cuase discount Tuesdays (and hence, Wednesdays) have been behaving differently every year, if you add Tue+Wed and compare with DS:

 

DS: 7.7+5.1 = 12.8m which +106.1% over Monday (6.21m)

Thor3: 10.8+6.1 = 16.9m which is +104.8% over Monday (8.25m)

 

DS jumped on Thursday, +18.4% for 6m, which is close to it's Monday of 6.2m. If Thor3 can jump to ~8m on Thursday, then it's Mon to Thursday ratio will be similar to DS.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For comparison, since we only have one good seasonal one...Dr Strange same Monday to Wednesday drop was 18ish%...Thor's was 26%...

 

Same holiday set up...same holiday week federal holiday coming...

 

If Thor doesn't rise today (Strange got an 18%+ rise), it might not matter if it starts to show legs next week, b/c rapid falls with tons of premier movies coming Nov 17 and then Nov 22 may not let Thor have a chance to ever really develop those legs...

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol at people defending the drop. It’s atrocious anyway you slice it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Cuase discount Tuesdays (and hence, Wednesdays) have been behaving differently every year, if you add Tue+Wed and compare with DS:

 

DS: 7.7+5.1 = 12.8m which +106.1% over Monday (6.21m)

Thor3: 10.8+6.1 = 16.9m which is +104.8% over Monday (8.25m)

 

DS jumped on Thursday, +18.4% for 6m, which is close to it's Monday of 6.2m. If Thor3 can jump to ~8m on Thursday, then it's Mon to Thursday ratio will be similar to DS.

Why did Strange jump though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

Ouch that's a steep drop, but the foundation is still there, we can still rebuild

are you going to be late for work

  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YourMother said:

Why did Strange jump though?

Same "into the federal holiday" audience...adults can stay up late and enjoy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.