Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

2 hours ago, SteveJaros said:

*Sigh*.  I come back to this forum after a few hours, and I have four notifications. And guess what, all of them say "so and so quoted ...", which is silly, because "quoted" always means some critical comment.

All you guys should do is "like" my comments, seriously. That's what your contributions should be, just  a bunch of "likes" for whatever pearls of wisdom, like WB > DIS i deign to drop around here. ;)

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

This takes like whoring to new levels

I checked after a few minutes and I don't have any likes. Are you guys serious? I better get some by the time I check again. I will also accept 'dafuq','sad','astonished','disbelief' reactions cause they add to my like tally. If mods make a new 'whore/troll' reaction just for me I am ok with it. I will also post for food. Thank you.

Edited by a2knet
Adding context so people don't think I have lost my marbles
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 3
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

15 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

We'll see. IMO, you guys are underestimating JL, it's going to push $500m DOM, and overrating Jedi. IMO, Disney has gone to the well once too often. They've soaked the Christmas box office with Star Wars two years in a row, and the third time is going to be the Curse.

WB for the win!  

Sure honey, even though literally only two comic book movies have ever made it [The Avengers, a massive event with weeks of hugely positive hype and wom leading up to it + years of build-up and genuine anticipation (not dreading blended with hope that it'll be good, like JL after BVS) + the novelty of multiple big superheroes in a movie at once; and The Dark Knight, the movie with arguably the greatest marketing campaign ever made + the tragedy of Heath Ledger's passing pushing the movie's mainstream appeal much beyond the average Batman movie + being the followup to the critically acclaimed Batman Begins + superb, genre-defining wom], and even though JL doesn't really have anywhere near as much buzz and hype as either of those did, nah, JL will make 500M DOM. And Star Wars is the one that's gonna massively underperform.... because it's a Disney movie, cause it if were WB, you'd be championing it at 1B DOM.

WB are the ones who are gonna be cursed (and curse themselves) at the fact that they didn't think of buying out Lucasfilm before Disney did.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I look forward to next summer when he opens a Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom OW > The Incredibles 2 total club.

Or better yet, Deadpool 2 over Infinity War by $200M+.

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

It's really great to see Thor 3 do so well. But.....man, i miss Jane Foster in this one. :(

She was one of the more engaging parts in the previous Thor-films, personally. What would Thor be without Jane? :whosad:

Thor without Jane would be a better Thor movie

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

WB has Wonder Woman and Disney has Star Wars. But Sony is ahead of both. They have Wonder and Star next weekend.

edit: Learnt that Wonder is LG, not Sony. But I am leaving my statement as it is because 'make fun of Sony'.

Edited by a2knet
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Sure honey, even though literally only two comic book movies have ever made it [The Avengers, a massive event with weeks of hugely positive hype and wom leading up to it + years of build-up and genuine anticipation (not dreading blended with hope that it'll be good, like JL after BVS) + the novelty of multiple big superheroes in a movie at once; and The Dark Knight, the movie with arguably the greatest marketing campaign ever made + the tragedy of Heath Ledger's passing pushing the movie's mainstream appeal much beyond the average Batman movie + being the followup to the critically acclaimed Batman Begins + superb, genre-defining wom], ....

Mark my words .... JL is going to beat TR + CoCo combined DOM. 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Mark my words .... JL is going to beat TR + CoCo combined DOM. 

If it doesn’t, can you shut up about your clear anger at Disney for being on top or making illogical clubs in hopes of Disney being taken down.

• Like 1