Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

Looks like DH2 is more of a walk up film and possibly critic proof. Decent for Murder, I imagine if it does $20-25m OW then Fox will be happy, the budget is only $55m so I imagine if it does $150-160m WW minimum then we'll get another film, probably Death on the Nile

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KJsooner said:

I really enjoyed Murder on the orient express last night. It’s a little predictable, but well made and well acted. Branagh continues to impress me with Cinderella, Thor, and now this one. I recommend it.

You found it to be predictable? That surprises me. I thought they did a good job of keeping us guessing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I hope that Orient Express and DH2 both do well. The market place needs some depth, October holdover are just dead and the superheros cant do it all alone. ×

Thats why the superhero fatigue argument baffles me. Superhero movies are carrying the load at the box office right now. 

• Like 2

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Justice League: 1:51. Attachments unknown.

Wonder: 1:46. Attachments are Early Man and Paddington 2 (lowkey confirmation they took the rights from Weinstein?)

The Star: 1:20. Attachments unknown.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

Justice League: 1:51. Attachments unknown.

Wonder: 1:46. Attachments are Early Man and Paddington 2 (lowkey confirmation they took the rights from Weinstein?)

The Star: 1:20. Attachments unknown.

8-9 minutes of credits for JL isn't that surprising considering how VFX heavy these films are. 

Surprised more people aren't talking about that Daddy's Home number! It's higher than pretty much anything all week was indicating that it would be, and I wouldn't be surprised if it holds much better than something like Neighbors 2 given it's probably going to play to families seeing as there's pretty much nothing for them other than Thor in the market right now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Surprised more people aren't talking about that Daddy's Home number! It's higher than pretty much anything all week was indicating that it would be, and I wouldn't be surprised if it holds much better than something like Neighbors 2 given it's probably going to play to families seeing as there's pretty much nothing for them other than Thor in the market right now.

Neighbours2 did 1.67m previews in May. Even though summer has bigger previews Daddy2 previewed on a partial holiday. So it could have a similar preview to OD ratio as N2 which gives a 19.5m ow. Even if it does better accounting for heftier summer previews it may not go above low-20s. Not great but yeah a better performance than Neighbors2 looking at drop from the predecessor. N2's 21.7m ow was down a lot from N1's 49m. DH1 did 38m so a drop to low 20s looks better.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Neighbours2 did 1.67m previews in May. Even though summer has bigger previews Daddy2 previewed on a partial holiday. So it could have a similar preview to OD ratio as N2 which gives a 19.5m ow. Even if it does better accounting for heftier summer previews it may not go above low-20s. Not great but yeah a better performance than Neighbors2 looking at drop from the predecessor. N2's 21.7m ow was down a lot from N1's 49m. DH1 did 38m so a drop to low 20s looks better.

But DH should have a solid bump over the weekend due to families should it not? It's definitely not the raunchy comedy that neighbors was.

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

But DH should have a solid bump over the weekend due to families should it not? It's definitely not the raunchy comedy that neighbors was.

Yeah I didn't think about that. Should trend better than N2. 

)Unless the massive energetic Mel Gibson fan-base showed up early :P)

• Like 1

Trailer report @Blankments: (giving Three Billboards some more time before closing it)

11:

Daddy’s Home 2 (Transformers, Baby Driver, The House, Despicable Me, Apes, Wish Upon, Girls Trip, Ninjago, The Snowman, Geostorm, Suburbicon)

7:

The Commuter (American Assassin, Kingsman, American Made, Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Only the Brave, Thank You for Your Service)

Murder on the Orient Express (The Mummy, It Comes at Night, Apes, Wish Upon, American Made, The Snowman, Only the Brave)

Star Wars (GOTG, GOTG IMAX, POTC, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Dunkirk, Thor: Ragnarok)

6:

Justice League (Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, The Snowman, Only the Brave, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok)

Pitch Perfect 3 (Baby Driver, Despicable Me, Big Sick, Girls Trip, Battle of the Sexes, Happy Death Day)

5:

Downsizing (mother!, Battle of the Sexes, Only the Brave, Thank You for Your Service, Suburbicon)

Roman J. Israel, Esq. (The Foreigner, The Snowman, Only the Brave, Thank You for Your Service, Suburbicon)

4:

Coco (BATB, Gifted, Cars, Ninjago)

Father Figures (American Made, The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, Suburbicon)

Pacific Rim: Uprising (Blade Runner, Geostorm, Thank You for Your Service, Thor: Ragnarok)

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Good Time, The Foreigner, Thank You for Your Service, Suburbicon)

Wonder (POTC, Cars, Despicable Me, Battle of the Sexes)

3:

Alpha (Hitman’s Bodyguard, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok)

Annihilation (Blade Runner, The Foreigner, Happy Death Day)

Black Panther (Valerian, The Dark Tower, Thor: Ragnarok)

Darkest Hour (Atomic Blonde, The Snowman, Thank You for Your Service)

Death Wish (Detroit, It, American Assassin)

Den of Thieves (The Foreigner, Happy Death Day, Geostorm)

The Greatest Showman (The House, Despicable Me, Kingsman)

The Shape of Water (Apes, mother!, Battle of the Sexes)

2 and 1:

Spoiler

2:

All the Money in the World (American Made, Only the Brave)

Ferdinand (Captain Underpants, Cars)

Jumanji (Ninjago, Kingsman)

Maze Runner: The Death Cure (Happy Death Day, Geostorm)

Molly’s Game (The Foreigner, The Snowman)

Polaroid (Wind River, mother!)

Proud Mary (Girls Trip, Happy Death Day)

Ready Player One (It, Blade Runner)

Red Sparrow (Kingsman, Blade Runner)

1:

12 Strong (Thank You for Your Service)

The Current War (Wind River)

Duck Duck Goose (Ninjago)

Insidious: The Last Key (Happy Death Day)

Isle of Dogs (Ninjago)

The New Mutants (Thor: Ragnarok)

Olaf’s Frozen Adventure (Cars)

Phantom Thread (Suburbicon)

Super Troopers 2 (Kingsman)

Tomb Raider (Geostorm)

Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built (Suburbicon)

A Wrinkle in Time (Valerian)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1