kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

ANd Moebius is not all that great a villain.  Back in  1971 it was sort of a big thing  since he was the first vampire in mainstream comics since the old EC Days. The Comic Code Authority ( the censorship group set up in order to take the heat off the comics industry during the great comic book crackdown of the early 50's) specifically forbad vampires until 1971 when they loosened up the code considerably, and Marvel was quick to take advantage. but nowdays Vampire...big freaking deal.

7 hours ago, Valonqar said:

this gonna be lucky to make 1/2 of Venom's BO dom and don't expect even 1/4 of Venom OS. Leto isn't likable like Hardy and Morbius isn't as iconic as Venom. I never heard of him til today.

I agree. Venom was a well known character and Hardy is a compelling actor. Leto is obnoxious, as shown by his horrendous Joker performance in Suicide Squad, and nobody knows who Morbius is. It could be a hit if Sony keeps the budget low, like 75mil, and it does like 350mil worldwide. 

8 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I agree. Venom was a well known character and Hardy is a compelling actor. Leto is obnoxious, as shown by his horrendous Joker performance in Suicide Squad, and nobody knows who Morbius is. It could be a hit if Sony keeps the budget low, like 75mil, and it does like 350mil worldwide. 

well said! 

• Like 1

July 10 seems like a ludicrously bold release date for Morbius.

With the release schedule as it stands right this second, it could actually probably work, but we all know that over the next year and a half a ton of films will move into and move out of summer 2020. And unless Morbius gets super lucky, something is likely to push it out of there.

On 11/21/2018 at 9:32 PM, Valonqar said:

this gonna be lucky to make 1/2 of Venom's BO dom and don't expect even 1/4 of Venom OS. Leto isn't likable like Hardy and Morbius isn't as iconic as Venom. I never heard of him til today.

I never heard of Venom until the movie.

Most of the audience for funnybook movies have never read a funnybook in their lives.

On 11/23/2018 at 12:43 AM, kitik said:

July 10 seems like a ludicrously bold release date for Morbius.

With the release schedule as it stands right this second, it could actually probably work, but we all know that over the next year and a half a ton of films will move into and move out of summer 2020. And unless Morbius gets super lucky, something is likely to push it out of there.

A film about a vampiric character screams late Sept/early Oct release.

Budget within reason, $75-100m, and you can have a modest hit at minimum with this.

I recall when folks thought Blade was a questionable idea.

Folks, if there is one genre that Hollywood has been cranking out longer than nearly any other, it's a vampire film.

I'm curious, especially after Venom was better than I'd hoped.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Avatree said:

I never heard of Venom until the movie.

Most of the audience for funnybook movies have never read a funnybook in their lives.

You've got generations who grew up with some funnybook toon or game vers of Venom. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

A film about a vampiric character screams late Sept/early Oct release.

Budget within reason, $75-100m, and you can have a modest hit at minimum with this.

I recall when folks thought Blade was a questionable idea.

Folks, if there is one genre that Hollywood has been cranking out longer than nearly any other, it's a vampire film.

I'm curious, especially after Venom was better than I'd hoped.

They really pumped the breaks on that compared to zombies; 

refer to The Mummy as being another army of the decaying undead flick. 

Underworld # lostcount was the last mainstream vampire in 2 years and the next one is 2020.

• Like 1