kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

^^^^

I can't help but notice you aren't disputing that Hollywood has cranked out lots of vampire films from various studios over the decades. Just being contrary as to the pace at which recent vamp flicks has occurred.

A vampire film is right up Hollywoods sweet spot. Thus doing one in the superhero genre is long overdue since Blade 3 has been some 15 or so years ago now. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

^^^^

I can't help but notice you aren't disputing that Hollywood has cranked out lots of vampire films from various studios over the decades. Just being contrary as to the pace at which recent vamp flicks has occurred.

A vampire film is right up Hollywoods sweet spot. Thus doing one in the superhero genre is long overdue since Blade 3 has been some 15 or so years ago now. 

You mean since Dracula Untold? Blade worked for the same reason Resident Evil & Underworld movies continue to.

The thing about these monster genres is that we've been getting a lot weirder ones aimed at larger crowds such as the Grahame-Smith flicks or those YA adaptations or the spoofs or shit like Hotel Transylvania.

What would be the Morbius hook?

Edited by 2kt09

On 11/13/2017 at 7:29 PM, kayumanggi said:

Hi, Kayu!! Where you've been, man? :) So many good movies are coming, 2019 is ten times better than 2018 - so the old Shay returned to BOF. Is that what happened to you, haven't seen you in a long while...

PS: Oh no, this is an old thread/post... :(

Edited by shayhiri

I don’t know if I’m just being a negative Nancy, but I can’t help but wonder if Jared Leto’s involvement will cause this film to generate some controversy when it’s closer to release. Apart from all the people who have described him as being a pretentious dick, there have also been certain rumors about him that could definitely lead to some significant public backlash in the current era we live in. 

18 minutes ago, Morieris said:

Those rumors were around during Suicide Squad.

Filmgoers don't care about how shitty the actors are as human beings. Short term pleasure, yanno?

Suicide Squad came out at a different point in time. I know it was only two and a half years ago, but a lot has changed between then and now. 

Now, I watched the first two episodes of AMC's recent television show The Terror, and I can say with certainly that Jared Harris was an excellent actor in that. A real MVP, if you will. Whatever role he has in this project, he should be an asset to the film as a whole. Great casting.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Slambros said:

Now, I watched the first two episodes of AMC's recent television show The Terror, and I can say with certainly that Jared Harris was an excellent actor in that. A real MVP, if you will. Whatever role he has in this project, he should be an asset to the film as a whole. Great casting.

Harris is an All-Star in everything. 

• Like 2