kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

Trailer looks better than expected. It has the correct vibe. I guess it is directly tied to the MCU already since Keaton plays the vulture here as well. Jarred Harris , great as always. The full vampiric morbius face looks exactly like the comics. Should be fun.

With the vulture cameo, this trailer is probably now cemented as the greatest MCU movie trailer of all times. The MCU has become bigger than ever and it is gonna change movie history once again just like the avengers (2012) did. 

MCU is now like a black hole. It can bend any movie franchise on its knee and absorb it like a sponge. 

Join us or no one will watch your movie/franchise.

9 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

People keep hating Sony lol, keep the low Budget, with Asian money coming and with decent money from the rest of the world all the SUMC films will succeed

No one has seen the movie yet, but the hate is strong

I am actually fine with the Sony films being MCU connected as long as they're not terrible. Hopefully this one is better than Venom though. Anyway the trailer was decent so not sure why the hate.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 2

This actually has a decent release date. Not great, but decent.

Two weeks after Tenet and 1 week after Jungle Cruise. If both those movies overperform, then Morbius could have some trouble. But if not, then there should be room for this, especially if they keep hyping the Spidey brand.

August doesn't have any other huge movies this year, so as long as Morbius doesn't flop, it could have some nice end of summer legs.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

It looks okay but Morbius is nowhere near the pop culture icon that Venom is so it’s going to be hard for it to match its box office 

I wonder why Sony can’t make a Spider-Woman movie as it’d be the perfect way to do a Spider-Man spin off that can be it’s own thing although I’m assuming it’s a complicated rights situation 

This. Venom was a big fan favorite, Morbius is a Grade "B" villain and a a rather generic vampire.

Sony kept the budget down on this, so they might end up with a modest profit, but it ain't gonna do Venom numbers.